In the darkness

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 19th 05, 11:20 AM
~~Tabbi~~

Default In the darkness

Hello cat fans

When you wake up in the night and you know that one of your precious
sweethearts is on the bed and awake, how easy is it for you to tell which
one it is without seeing them?

In my case: Sally will be on my pillow with her paws in my hair, and she
gives me nose bumps. Bagster has to have a good wander around, purring at
top volume. He also just has a stump for a tail so he is easy to pick.
Dusty sits down on my back - I'm a tummy sleeper, or if the pillow is free
she will usurp Sally's place. Spike won't settle down for ages, then he
will curl up between hubby and me and wash...and wash... noisily and at
great length!

If anyone reading this recalls my post about Spike, he has really settled in
now. He has one of those rare cat 'diseases' - 'lap fungus' - he just
spreads out in a grey tabby puddle on my lap and is very hard to shift once
he settles. He is very heavy and always drapes himself over my arm which
promptly goes numb.

I am so pleased and honoured that Spike decided to trust me and love me as
he does and to let me care for him. I feel that way about all of my babies
of course. Bagster is making it very hard to type as he is pushing his head
against my right forearm while I am typing.

I'm not anti-dog but I was a bit surprised yesterday morning. I got back
from my walk at about 6.00 am and a large black and white very bouncy
friendly happy dog appeared from nowhere. It jumped about for a while then
suddenly leaped up at me and stuck its nose in my left eye! I was slightly
taken aback by this - the dog ran through the open carport door and around
the back. The only aftermath I saw was Spike with his tail like a
bottlebrush. I got rid of the dog (I just shooed it out, I didn't do
anything permanent) and life resumed its normal trajectory.

I asked my hubby if that was usual dog behaviour, to stick its nose in your
eye - he typically responded with 'No, normally they stick their nose in
your crotch'.. guess my doggy needs a map and a compass....

Have a happy furry day with your treasures !

Tabbi