RWatchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses) to BAN PUSSIES for Cult-members?e: H

Old September 15th 03, 10:57 AM
Agua Girl

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:vIf9b.4794$v%5.3329@fed1read02...
Nobody mentioned slavery or the whole race issue but you seem to want to
take things out of context and turn it into something about you. Are you
offended by my having a black cat? The whole post was humorous and that

was
all it was. It seems to me you want to take something that isn't there and
make a whole issue out of it. You need to learn to relax here and maybe
laugh a little. As for discimination, I have faced it but I also know when
some things were meant as a joke. The original posting that I made was

meant
for humor. It seems most here got that but you insist it was nothing more
than a ruthless attempt to pick on Pagans (which were never even picked on
nor brought up until you mentioned them). Nobody was picking on the Pagans
here so you need to learn to lighten up. There is also a not anti-Pagan
campaign here either but you seem to want fight something that isn't

there.
Personally, I got nothing against them.

No..I said your sense of humor perpetuates the ignorance tied to the use
of a pentagram. My point was that you might laugh at a "slave" joke but
I know a lot of people who wouldn't. There is a whole myth tied to the
pentagram so now those people who wear it as a symbol of love of earth
have to deal with the ignorant majority who continue to see it as some thing
negative...which by the way was how you used it. I am not saying you are
mounting a anti-pagan campaign..merely pointing out how your "jokes" are
spreading ignorance. How bout those burning cross jokes huh???? what?
not funny?

Of course here is something that may shock and upset you. I have a black

cat
and I consider all black cats as being a symbol of good luck. BTW, I have
known those who practice both Paganism and Wicca and am well versed on

what
the pentagram symbolizes but satanists also seem to use it as a symbol.

First off...I have a black cat too..big deal. That's another stupid myth.
Secondly,
you aren't well versed in Paganism or Wicca or you wouldn't think the
pentagram
they use is the same as the inverted one used by the satanist. It's not the
same
as the star of David either in case that alluded you.

One thing I know for sure is that most of those practictioners have a

sense of
humor and have laughed at some of the jokes. Why? Because they are human

and
are quite confident in themselves and their practice. They also try to
spread postive and not negative.

Honestly...I am one of the least "militant" people I know when it comes
to this stuff. NONE of the pagans I know appreciate the continued
spread of ignorance when it comes to our spirituality. Frankly..I don't
think
you know any practicing Wiccans. Yes, we walk in the light, are basically
positive earth based persons...but having to deal with discrimination
because
some yahoo got the wrong idea about what a pentagram means from some
stupid internet joke will make anyone a little cranky.

And when faced with negative they try to
turn it into positive. You can try to turn this into a flame war if you

want
to but no ill will was meant here. It was humor. Nothing more and nothing
less. What does W.A.R.D. supposed mean anyway?

Ask your witch friends. You have so many that you feel confident
you know what they will find funny...should be a simple task.

BTW, for those who have non-black cats I am also a member of your society

as
well as I also have a diluted Tabby. If Agua girl or anyone else wants to

be
mad about that then there is nothing I can do here. I am simply a cat

lover
and servent to two cats.

Again...I don't care what color your cats are. You could have a pet serpent
for all I care. Just stop promoting the idea..even in joke..that the
pentagram is something to be feared or means something negative. That's
all I asked in the first place. Your the one who got all defensive and
assumed
that my reaction meant I had no sense of humor. This is a religious symbol.
The fact that some satanist invert it much as they do the cross doesn't mean
they also "use" the symbol. You can do a lot of harm with your "jokes".
If you really do have "pagan" friends then you should be willing to
grow a little as a human and avoid "jokes" that could potentially harm.

AG

Old September 15th 03, 11:07 AM
Cat Protector

Ok Agua Girl, I am under the impression you simply do not have a sense of
humor. I did not promote Pagans at all anyway. You seem to want to make more
of this than is there. If any Pagans here were offended then I apologize but
still it was meant as humor. As for buying a pentagram and wearing it around
my neck, I am afraid it wouldn't look as good as a tattoo of one of my cats
on me. As for losing a job and a landlord not renewing your lease simply
because you are wearing a pentagram seems like nonsense to me. You can't
blame life's misfortunes on that. When I was younger our house was toilet
papered but you didn't see my cry about it. In my last apartment it was
egged by kids who were trouble for the whole complex. I didn't cry about it
then either. They ended up getting kicked out of their apartment. Typical
life stuff that happens. You say I am not funny but of course you seem to be
showing a lack of sense of humor and trying to lable me as ignorant or a bad
person. Is it a part of your religion or practice to pass judgment on
others? I bet if someone said they worshipped cats you'd find a problem with
that, right?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Agua Girl" wrote in message

You promoted it. Maybe you should re-read your post. Better yet,
buy a pentagram and wear it around your neck for a week or two and
watch the reactions. When you lose your job, when your landlord
decides not to renew your lease, when your neighbors egg your house...
then tell me how funny you find your comments. No..none of those things
have happened to me but they are actual cases of religious discriminations
all
because someone was ignorant about what that symbol means...and your

"humor"
perpetuates that kind of ignorance. You can get all defensive and blame my
lack of "humor" or you can get educated..your choice. BTW, I have a

very
good sense of humor...you just aren't funny.
AG

Old September 15th 03, 11:21 AM
Cat Protector

Cross burning jokes? You have a cross to bear lady? I am so glad you feel
that you must be the know-it-all in everything Pagan but you are incorrect
about the Pentagram. It is used as a symbol by Wiccans (which is a
Paganistic religion), Pagans and of course satanists. You mention the Star
of David which is a Jewish symbol so I guess now you have problem with Jews
now right? I have to admit you are certainly entertaining all of us by your
left wing posts. You say you are one of the less militant people regarding
this stuff yet you have no problem ruthlessly attacking people and call them
ignorant or making them out to be the bad guys here when a pentagram is
mentioned in a joke. You claim I don't know any practicing Wiccans but you
would be incorrect. Get off the warpath here Agua Girl. No harm was even
intented to Pagans but yet you seem to insist that it was. Sheesh! Should
all of us humans be just like you and totally put an end to humor? But of
course that would be offensive to comedians and clowns.

Old September 15th 03, 12:02 PM
Nadine

CP wrote:
I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since
they make it a point to come to your house to
quote the bible when you clearly did not ask
them to. Here are a some excuses or questions
one can use to get rid of them.

I have had problems with them also, and some (not all) of them just
don't want to take no for an answer. My mother had one come to her door
years ago and when she said "no thank you" and tried to close the door
he stuck his foot in the door, and prevented her from closing it.
Unfortunately for him the dog we had at the time didn't like that move
and promptly grabbed hold of his shoe and held on! (60 lbs. of dog). As
soon as my mother told him to let go he did and the man quickly withdrew
his foot. LOL
Also I had a male coworker who told me this story: A couple of
them came to his door just after he got out of the shower, he was only
wearing a towel. He told them that he was very interested in what they
had to say and asked if they would please come back later so they could
talk to both HIM and his HUSBAND!! They just started at him with open
mouths and then turned and walked away quickly.
Luckily we live well off the beaten path and have only had them
show up here twice in 15 years. One group left with no problem, but the
other bunch tried harder and didn't want to give it up and had to be
"run" off with a threat of our dogs being let out of the house. (3
large ones that met them at the door that would have licked them to
death but LOL they didn't know that).

Nadine

Old September 15th 03, 04:01 PM
Agua Girl

[...]

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. There is nothing wrong with
being ignorant..we can't all know everything. The problem is with
allowing ignorance to continue.
I don't have a cross to bear....but you do. (btw..you missed the
point of that completely)
You seem to think that continuing to spread ignorance through
what you see as harmless jokes should be fine. I offered you the
chance to right a wrong..to stop spreading myths and you got
offended. I suggested you get informed..and you got indignant.
Go to a website on paganism and look at their pentacle or
pentagram than go to a devil worship site and look at theirs.
They aren't the same. The reason I brought up the star of David
is because it also looks similar..but it isn't. You don't want to accept
the truth of your ignorance or lack of knowledge and that shows
more than ignorance....
I thought at first no harm was intended...and my response was to let you
know
that religious persecution does indeed exist. People really do lose their
jobs
and their apartments for NO REASON other than their religious leanings.
That spreading myths does indeed harm no matter what the intent.
When someone says "ow, your standing on my foot"..the proper response
is to apologize and back up. Not explain how you didn't mean to...blame
the person for lacking hard feet and then go on complaining about how
everyone has big feet. (that was a metaphor for stepping on my religion in
case you didn't get it).
Whatever. You obviously don't care to correct your lack of knowledge
or even accept that your "jokes" are spreading a myth that to this day
is harmful. I shudder to think what else you find funny. To that end...
I am done. You can't inform those that bask in their ignorance and wear
stupidity like a cloak.

plonk
AG