[OT] Mum update

Old November 14th 05, 02:37 AM
Yowie

Default [OT] Mum update

My mother had her hip replacement operation on Friday morning. She was back
in the ward by noon, the surgery going without a glitch. She was kinda out
of it for the rest of Friday as you'd expect, and Saturday left her feeling
very tired and croaky because of the tube that has to go down the throat
during surgery. But I rang her on Sunday night, and she was bright and
chirpy, and was pleasantly surprised about how little pain she was in - in
fact the most pain she was experiencing was from the other hip, because she
had been immobile for the last two days!

She thanks everyone for their kind thoughts and said that they must have
worked! I'd also like to thank you all for caring enough to send purrs to my
Mum.

Yowie

Old November 14th 05, 02:46 AM
Karen

On 2005-11-13 20:37:20 -0600, "Yowie" said:

My mother had her hip replacement operation on Friday morning. She was back
in the ward by noon, the surgery going without a glitch. She was kinda out
of it for the rest of Friday as you'd expect, and Saturday left her feeling
very tired and croaky because of the tube that has to go down the throat
during surgery. But I rang her on Sunday night, and she was bright and
chirpy, and was pleasantly surprised about how little pain she was in - in
fact the most pain she was experiencing was from the other hip, because she
had been immobile for the last two days!

She thanks everyone for their kind thoughts and said that they must have
worked! I'd also like to thank you all for caring enough to send purrs to my
Mum.

Yowie

I hope she continues to recover so well!!

Old November 14th 05, 02:49 AM
Jo Firey

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

We have been purring and praying and sending all kinds of positives from
here, even if we didn't post. Now we will push it into high gear that her
physical therapy to learn to use the new hip goes as quickly and as
painlessly as is possible.

Jo

Old November 14th 05, 03:23 AM
Yoj

I'm glad to hear she's doing so well. I hope that trend continues.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old November 14th 05, 03:35 AM
CatNipped

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Continued speedy and easy recuperation purrs heading her way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 14th 05, 03:58 AM
Marina

Yowie wrote:

She thanks everyone for their kind thoughts and said that they must have
worked! I'd also like to thank you all for caring enough to send purrs to my
Mum.

So glad to hear all went well. Many healing purrs on the way for her
recovery.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 14th 05, 07:25 AM
wafflycat

Glad to hear she's on the mend.

Cheers, helen s

Old November 14th 05, 10:09 AM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
My mother had her hip replacement operation on Friday morning. She
was back in the ward by noon, the surgery going without a glitch. She
was kinda out of it for the rest of Friday as you'd expect, and
Saturday left her feeling very tired and croaky because of the tube
that has to go down the throat during surgery. But I rang her on
Sunday night, and she was bright and chirpy, and was pleasantly
surprised about how little pain she was in - in fact the most pain
she was experiencing was from the other hip, because she had been
immobile for the last two days!

She thanks everyone for their kind thoughts and said that they must
have worked! I'd also like to thank you all for caring enough to send
purrs to my Mum.

Yowie

I'm _very_ glad to hear the good news. Thanks for the update.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 14th 05, 12:25 PM
SuzQ

Fast healing purrs for your mum.
Suz&Spicey

Old November 14th 05, 01:15 PM
Dave Gerecke

In article , Yowie
wrote:

My mother had her hip replacement operation on Friday morning. She was back
in the ward by noon, the surgery going without a glitch. She was kinda out
of it for the rest of Friday as you'd expect, and Saturday left her feeling
very tired and croaky because of the tube that has to go down the throat
during surgery. But I rang her on Sunday night, and she was bright and
chirpy, and was pleasantly surprised about how little pain she was in - in
fact the most pain she was experiencing was from the other hip, because she
had been immobile for the last two days!

She thanks everyone for their kind thoughts and said that they must have
worked! I'd also like to thank you all for caring enough to send purrs to my
Mum.

Yowie

Great News
Purrs on the way
dave

[OT] Wilma Update 20A Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 0 October 20th 05 03:07 PM
[OT] Yowlet Update Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 December 13th 04 12:25 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 4/4/4 20:30 Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 April 5th 04 11:49 PM
[OT] Yowlet Update 30th March 5am Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 April 4th 04 02:39 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent - UPDATE 20/11 JA Gory Cat anecdotes 23 November 25th 03 04:33 AM