Early morning scuffle

Old August 22nd 04, 07:06 PM
Mischief

Default Early morning scuffle

It was about 5 am this morning. I had to go to the bathroom for the
third time. Imp, seeing I was up, took the oppotunity to ask for
scritches and breakfast. Then after he and Mischief munch on food, he
jumps back into the bed to lie on my bed, while I'm trying to sleep.

Then sometime later I feel him jump off. I hear the thumpa thump of
little feet as Imp and Mischief start playing tag. But then I hear a
different sound. Was that a growl? Hey wait a second, that sounded
like a hiss.

It wasn't that loud, but loud enough for me to hear that there was
more than a wrestling match going on. I get out of bed, head out into
the living room and turn on the light. They're both sitting on the
floor facing each other. Imp looks at me, and then walks away, as if
to say, :"She did it...." Mischief turns around and flicks her tail,
clearly saying, "He STARTED it.."

Then I notice that on the carpet there are a lot of little tufts of
black fur. Sheesh, guess they were really rough housing. I hope Imp
is okay, he's under the bed taking his daily nap.

I bet what happened is that Imp wanted to play and wrestle but
Mischief wasn't interested. And when Imp kept pursuing, Mischief
finally turned and said, "Okay, you ASKED for it............."

Cats.........

Kristi
Old August 22nd 04, 07:18 PM
Bill Stock

"Mischief" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Yeah, Smokey's a wrestler and Cali's a strategist (hide and pounce), doesn't
make for a good combination. Smokey likes to get on Cali's back and ride her
like a pony. That's when the caterwauling, growling, hissing and spitting
start! Smokey never has caught on, so they have pretty much learned to
ignore each other. Smokey also likes to sneak up on Cali and bite her on the
neck when Cali is in one of HER spots. (Fireplace, bed, hammock).

Old August 22nd 04, 10:42 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article .rogers.com,
Bill Stock at wrote on 8/22/04 1:18 PM:

"Mischief" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Yes, Pearl would be perfectly happy if everyone would just allow her to
chase THEM. She likes chasing. She doesn't mind even BEING chased. But she
gets mouthy if someone won't move out of her way.