World's Best Litter

Old September 23rd 04, 07:01 AM
Don Willson

Default World's Best Litter

Here is a recommendation. Try 'The World's Best Litter". It is made of
ground up corn, is un sented and works well. It absorbs liquid well enough
that it never gets the litter box wet. It clumps very nicely and is
flushable. We have been using it for about 6 months for 2 cats, cleaning it
several times a day, and never have any odor except right after they have a
bowel movement and have not covered it yet. I get it at a feed store for
about $28 for a 30 pound sack. But, it is 100 % used. I never have to dump
the litter like with clay products.
Don

Old September 23rd 04, 11:50 AM
Compatissant

ere is a recommendation. Try 'The World's Best Litter". It is made of
ground up corn, is un sented and works well. It absorbs liquid well enough
that it never gets the litter box wet. It clumps very nicely and is
flushable. We have been using it for about 6 months for 2 cats, cleaning it
several times a day, and never have any odor except right after they have a
bowel movement and have not covered it yet. I get it at a feed store for
about $28 for a 30 pound sack. But, it is 100 % used. I never have to dump
the litter like with clay products.
Don

Hi Don & all,

I used to love this litter but heed a little warning (not terrible). When I
opened my last couple of bags, moths flew out of the bags and I had a terrible
time trying to get rid of them.

I called the company and they were aware of it. If the Litter is stored at
distributors too close to pet food, the moths relocate, so to speak, from the
food to the litter. Since the litter is natural and corn-based, I believe, the
moths manage to nest themselves in the littler.

The problem lies with both the distributors and the pet stores. If anyone else
has had this problem, I'd be interested in knowing how they dealt with it!

Thanks,
Diane

Old September 23rd 04, 01:31 PM
Luvskats00

I vote for Feline Pine (which was developed by a vet). It's the only litter my
cat will allow to be used. It absorbs moisture & odors very well. If it wasn't
for the pellets I have to pick up on the floor when my cat comes out of the
box, I'd give it a "10".

Old September 23rd 04, 01:38 PM
Compatissant

I vote for Feline Pine (which was developed by a vet). It's the only litter
my
cat will allow to be used. It absorbs moisture & odors very well. If it
wasn't
for the pellets I have to pick up on the floor when my cat comes out of the
box, I'd give it a "10".

Our kitten, just turning a year, will use the Feline Pine but our old
curmudgeon (9) will not! He chose to poop outside the box to let me know he
wasn't happy sigh. Changed the litter back and he's a happy camper.

Diane

Old September 23rd 04, 08:30 PM
Luvskats00

Our kitten, just turning a year, will use the Feline Pine but our old
curmudgeon (9) will not!

Same in this house. I have 2 cats and 2 litterboxes (in the bedroom)..one in
the livingroom. Sammy uses 2 boxes w/newspapers only; Nellie Belle uses only
one in the bedroom with feline pine. She would not use the box with any other
litter/newspaper.