Hunters extraordinaire!

Old August 5th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Hunters extraordinaire!

Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living room
carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the tail. Ick.
I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved our crew had
the good sense to not try to eat it.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 5th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

OMG poor Tom to have to deal with that. Even dead I don't want them near
me. Smart kitties to leave it alone.

Old August 5th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living room
carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the tail. Ick.
I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved our crew had
the good sense to not try to eat it.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Eww! The ones Nanki-Poo (RB) used to bring in were only about six inches
long. He never tried to eat them either. There was a definite system with
his kills. He never ate rats or gophers. He eviscerated mice and made a
huge bloody mess. With birds, if it was during the night or I had been
gone, I usually wouldn't find anything except a bunch of feathers and the
occasional drop of blood.

Joy

Old August 5th 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Victor Martinez wrote:
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living
room carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the
tail. Ick. I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved
our crew had the good sense to not try to eat it.

And people think our pet rats are huge! Dang! That's a big rat!

kili

Old August 5th 08, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living
room carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the
tail. Ick. I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved
our crew had the good sense to not try to eat it.

And people think our pet rats are huge! Dang! That's a big rat!

kili

My guys had a big surprise this am - I took out the bag of catfood from
it's cupboard, and was pouring into their dishes, when a mouse fell out
of the bag! I don't know who was the most surprised, me, the cats or the
mouse! The mouse laid on the floor for a few seconds, looked up to see 8
cats and a human staring at him, and took off for the heating ducts. I
couldn't catch him/her, and last time I saw the cats they were doing a
scan and search for said mouse.

Mishi
Old August 5th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Mishi" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living
room carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the
tail. Ick. I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved
our crew had the good sense to not try to eat it.

And people think our pet rats are huge! Dang! That's a big rat!

kili

My guys had a big surprise this am - I took out the bag of catfood from
it's cupboard, and was pouring into their dishes, when a mouse fell out of
the bag!

In LOLspeak, this would be "DEREs A FUD IN DA FUD!!1!!!"

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 5th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

kilikini wrote:
And people think our pet rats are huge! Dang! That's a big rat!

Rattus norvegicus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_rat

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 5th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Mishi wrote:
My guys had a big surprise this am - I took out the bag of catfood from
it's cupboard, and was pouring into their dishes, when a mouse fell out
of the bag! I don't know who was the most surprised, me, the cats or the
mouse! The mouse laid on the floor for a few seconds, looked up to see 8
cats and a human staring at him, and took off for the heating ducts. I
couldn't catch him/her, and last time I saw the cats they were doing a
scan and search for said mouse.

That's too funny! Look! It's got a toy, just like the hoomin cereal!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 5th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living room
carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the tail. Ick.
I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved our crew had
the good sense to not try to eat it.

There's only one possible response to that-- EWWWWWW!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 5th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

kilikini wrote:
And people think our pet rats are huge! Dang! That's a big rat!

Rattus norvegicus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_rat

Presumably before it kicked the bucket, it said "Uff da!"

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net