Dinner Tonight 8/7/2013

Old August 7th 13, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Dinner Tonight 8/7/2013

Baked catfish topped with crispy crumb topping
Steamed fresh broccoli & yellow squash

I melted about 1 Tbs. butter. In a small bowl I combined about 3 Tbs.
finely ground cornmeal (almost like masa harina) with about a Tbs. of
flour. I seasoned this with salt, pepper, a dash of dill weed and sweet
paprika. I stirred the butter into the dry mixture until it resembled
moist crumbs.

Place the catfish fillets in a baking dish with a little bit of water in
the bottom of the dish; not enough to steam the fish but enough to keep
it moist. Sprinkle/spread the top of the fillets with the crumb
topping. Bake at 350F about 20 minutes, until fish is tender and
topping is browned.

The broccoli/squash combo got a squeeze of fresh lemon juice rather than
butter. Most people would squeeze some lemon on the fish. I've never
cared much for that, although lots of people think lemon & fish is the
cats meow.

What's for dinner in your house?

Jill

Old August 8th 13, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Regardless of where it should have been posted, it sounds WONDERFUL!

Debby
Old August 8th 13, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Oh, I thought you were just responding in rpca's way of treating a
spammer (Probably the political moron who signs his name in cyrillic
letters.)

Old August 8th 13, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/7/2013 10:29 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Oh, I thought you were just responding in rpca's way of treating a
spammer (Probably the political moron who signs his name in cyrillic
letters.)

I killfiled that bozo without thinking about it. Dinner really was
delicious. And leftovers for tommorrow or the day after.

Jill
Old August 8th 13, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/8/2013 2:58 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 8/7/2013 6:08 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Baked catfish topped with crispy crumb topping Steamed fresh broccoli
& yellow squash

Jill

I'm glad you posted it here if it was an accident. I've printed it for my
recipe file. Thank you. I love fish.

Judith

You're welcome! Any mild white fish will do.

Jill