How to put a Telemarketer off his game.

Old October 22nd 04, 12:11 AM

---MIKE--- wrote:

I'm not supposed to have calls from telemarketers. I am registered on
the do not call list and I pay $5.00 a month to prevent unidentified
callers from getting through.

I thought the do-not-call list had been cancelled. I remember, it was
2 years ago, wasn't it, when they were telling people to get on it. The
next thing I heard, there was an injunction against the implementation
of that list. I thought it wasn't operative.

Could someone in the USA tell me how to access it?

Thanks,
Joyce
Old October 22nd 04, 12:17 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

That depends on your carrier. SOME cell phone companies, their managers (or
whatever they call themselves) value their privacy as much as 'we the
people' do, and despise telemarketing just as much, and therefore will not
publicize numbers that they 'own'. Verizon is one such company. Either
that or they got bookoo complaints when the news broke that some companies
were going to publish their cell phone #'s...

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
---MIKE--- wrote:
I'm not supposed to have calls from telemarketers. I am registered on
the do not call list and I pay $5.00 a month to prevent unidentified

They charge you for that? Here in Texas they first charged $2.50 for two
years, but not it's free. The national Do not Call list is also free.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

What's really bothering me is that cell phone companies are soon going to
publicize their customers' phone number - then we're going to have to pay
*when we get telemarketing call*!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 22nd 04, 12:20 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

DH will interrupt their spiel to ask them bunches of questions about who's
paying them, what the address is, and phone #'s, and other stuff. Sometimes
he will tell them a joke or two. Asked one telemarketer how many
telemarketers it took to screw an old lady out of her life savings... answer
is one.

But alas, we are on the state & national no-call lists. The only calls we
get now are political or charities.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've heard that handing the telephone to a three year old works well.
Especially one who's totally proud of her potty training and has to tell
everyone about it.

I usually just set the phone gently down, and don't hang it up till it's
making that raucus noise.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Sherry " wrote in message
If a telemarketer opens with that annoying and insincere introductory
question, "How are you today?" I immediately go into a long list of my
ailments, real and imagined. If I do this rapidly enough, he or she
can't interrupt. At the end I conclude with, "And, how are YOU today?"
They usually say "Fine" and quickly launch into their offer, which I
then politely refuse. I guess if this accomplishes anything, it's
perhaps to make them think twice about using that hackneyed phrase
again!

The political telemarketers annoy me worse than the ones selling
something.
Yesterday, one called and wanted to give me a website. I said Just a
minute,
let me get a pencil. I admit I dawdled a bit, but when I got back, she
said,
"What did you have to do, go find a crayon?"
Sheesh.
Sherry

Old October 22nd 04, 12:36 AM

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

They dropped the case...
But anyway, to get on the national no-call registry, go here
https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Thanks! Off to sign up right away.

Joyce