Horrible thought!

Old February 23rd 12, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

Default Horrible thought!

Can it really be possible? Daylight savings time will begin again in
two weeks. I wish "they" would settle on one or the other and qut this
nonsense. MLB

Old February 23rd 12, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
Can it really be possible? Daylight savings time will begin again in two
weeks. I wish "they" would settle on one or the other and qut this
nonsense. MLB

I'm with you there! I hate the changing of the clocks, and my cats hate it
even more.

Joy

Old February 23rd 12, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

i say JUST PICK ONE

i don't care which but pick and keep it, Lee

Old February 23rd 12, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
Can it really be possible? Daylight savings time will begin again in two
weeks. I wish "they" would settle on one or the other and qut this
nonsense. MLB

Wouldn't it be nice if they asked the general public? I, too, hate this
flip-flopping of time twice a year.

Jill

Old February 23rd 12, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MLB wrote:
Can it really be possible? Daylight savings time will begin again in
two weeks. I wish "they" would settle on one or the other and qut this
nonsense. MLB

It was worse during WW2, when many states persisted in "daylight
savings" IN ADDITION to the standard nationwide "wartime"! (And at one
time, daylight savings was not as universal - it was on a state-to-state
basis.)

Old February 23rd 12, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Joy wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
Can it really be possible? Daylight savings time will begin again in two
weeks. I wish "they" would settle on one or the other and qut this
nonsense. MLB

I'm with you there! I hate the changing of the clocks, and my cats hate it
even more.

You can always move to Arizona - they don't practice it, here. (Which
REALLY confuses things!)
Old February 23rd 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marv

On 2/22/2012 6:14 PM, MLB wrote:
Can it really be possible? Daylight savings time will begin again in two
weeks. I wish "they" would settle on one or the other and quit this
nonsense. MLB

I LIKE DST in the summer! Extra daylight in the evenings for all the
outside lawn work.

If we'd have it all year around you'd be going to work in Dec in the
dark, as if traffic isn't bad enough then as it is with no one on
vacation. And then you'd have a 2-hour difference with one adjacent time
zone and possibly none on the other. And traveling to other countries,
esp N & S would be a nightmare. And your biological clock would be all
screwed up, too. As would your cats.

Marv
Old February 24th 12, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Marv" wrote in message
On 2/22/2012 6:14 PM, MLB wrote:
Can it really be possible? Daylight savings time will begin again in two
weeks. I wish "they" would settle on one or the other and quit this
nonsense. MLB

I LIKE DST in the summer! Extra daylight in the evenings for all the
outside lawn work.

If we'd have it all year around you'd be going to work in Dec in the dark,
as if traffic isn't bad enough then as it is with no one on vacation. And
then you'd have a 2-hour difference with one adjacent time zone and
possibly none on the other. And traveling to other countries, esp N & S
would be a nightmare. And your biological clock would be all screwed up,
too. As would your cats.

Marv

Is driving to work in the dark any worse than driving home in the dark?

I don't understand your reasoning about the time zones. There is already a
difference. I'll never forget the first time I visited Australia. They
went off of DST the day I got there. We went on it the day I got home.

It's changing the clocks back and forth that mess with our biological
clocks, and those of our cats.

Joy

Old February 24th 12, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

....??? not much of this makes sense to me, pick a time then leave it alone,
the bio clock ticks on, Lee