knees done.

Old February 21st 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default knees done.

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message

I'm sure they do. Weren't you given anything for pain relief at home?
Doctors talk about "post-operative discomfort", but we know it's pain.

Joy

I have painkillers. They should be done under the Trade Descriptions Act
as fraudulent..

That is too bad. There should be something that could help, but I suppose
your doctor won't give it to you. In my experience, doctors don't
understand pain, and certainly don't consider it as important as we do when
we're feeling it. I'll never forget the time I went back to my surgeon a
few weeks after carpal tunnel surgery and told him I was still experiencing
a lot of pain. He said, in what sounded to me like an accusing tone, "Most
patients don't complain of discomfort this long after the surgery."

To do him justice, I have to tell the rest of the story. I was so stunned
and hurt that I couldn't respond at the time. However, by the time I got
home, I was boiling mad. I wrote him a letter and told him I didn't
appreciate his acting as though it were my fault for complaining, instead of
recognizing that I needed help for the pain.

I had to go back to see him one more time, and I was really dreading it. My
jaw probably hit the floor when he walked into the examining room and said,
"First of all, I have to apologize." Obviously he had never suffered real
pain, and honestly had no idea what I was dealing with. However, unlike
some, he was willing to recognize that fact.

Joy

Old February 22nd 12, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message
Hopefully.

Torn cartilage found & cut away. Arthritis temporarily appeased by inner
surfaces of knees cleaned up. Hopefully. Knees swathed in bulky bandages.
A few days of resting and then I'll be beginning the road to fitness (I
truly hope so). Waffles & Francis have investigated me thoroughly upon my
return home and were miffed when I would not allow my lap to be used as a
feline resting place last night. Most selfish of me, I know.

Many healing purrs on the way. And purrs for the cats to understand.

Jill

Old February 23rd 12, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 2/21/2012 12:58 AM, wafflycat wrote:
Hopefully.

Torn cartilage found& cut away. Arthritis temporarily appeased by inner
surfaces of knees cleaned up. Hopefully. Knees swathed in bulky bandages. A
few days of resting and then I'll be beginning the road to fitness (I truly
hope so). Waffles& Francis have investigated me thoroughly upon my return
home and were miffed when I would not allow my lap to be used as a feline
resting place last night. Most selfish of me, I know.

Healing purrs and I hope you feel better soon. I sure understand
arthritis pain.
Old February 23rd 12, 09:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"wafflycat" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

I'm sure they do. Weren't you given anything for pain relief at home?
Doctors talk about "post-operative discomfort", but we know it's pain.

Joy

I have painkillers. They should be done under the Trade Descriptions Act as
fraudulent..

Purrs for the pain to go ASAP.
--
Adrian
Old February 23rd 12, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wafflycat wrote:

Hopefully.

Torn cartilage found & cut away. Arthritis temporarily appeased by inner
surfaces of knees cleaned up.

I had (much more minor) surgery a few months ago because the arthritis on
one of my fingers had caused a cyst to form at the affected joint. After
several months of trying to manage the cyst on my own (you can drain it
yourself, but it gets irritated and painful), I decided to have it removed
surgically. While the doc was in there, he did the same thing with the
"inner surfaces" of the joint, which were all bumpy from bone overgrowth.
I grossed out a couple of friends by referring to it as "having the joint
bones sanded down".

A few days of resting and then I'll be beginning the road to fitness (I
truly hope so). Waffles & Francis have investigated me thoroughly upon my
return home and were miffed when I would not allow my lap to be used as
a feline resting place last night. Most selfish of me, I know.

I'm surprised they wanted to go near you. With all the antiseptics and so
on, didn't you smell like a certain place they don't like to go?

Purrs for a quick recovery. You do need to start providing the feline
resting place ASAP!

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old February 25th 12, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 21/02/2012 4:58 PM, wafflycat wrote:
Hopefully.

Torn cartilage found& cut away. Arthritis temporarily appeased by inner
surfaces of knees cleaned up. Hopefully. Knees swathed in bulky bandages. A
few days of resting and then I'll be beginning the road to fitness (I truly
hope so). Waffles& Francis have investigated me thoroughly upon my return
home and were miffed when I would not allow my lap to be used as a feline
resting place last night. Most selfish of me, I know.

Hope to say "on your bike!" and mean it very soon! :-)

Yowie