Just like when meowmie was working..

Old February 15th 12, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

Default Just like when meowmie was working..

On 02/13/2012 09:34 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie has got used to having me at his beck and call especially when it's
"let me back in NOW" at the back door, since I've been at home.
Today, the temperatures have risen to 7c from minus 6, and the snow is
melting at last, so the boy ventured out for a while and was not back by the
time I needed to do a little bit of food shopping. I was only gone for an
hour but when he heard Mr F's engine he leapt my 5ft solid gate from the
back garden and came to greet me as I got out of the car.
This is what he used to do, he would always be waiting for me "on the front"
as I call it, even when he had access in and out of the house during the
summer, and I suspected he'd been reclining on his duvet, he would always
jump the gate before I arrived and be waiting on the front.

Well, he is a bit lucky today as when I went shopping I saw a new Whiskas
pouch promotion called "Bite and Chew" and I got him a box of twelve.
He can't have one tonight as I have something else planned for him so I'll
let you all know what he thinks of them soon.

Tweed
(yeah, I know, it's marketing, but I thought I would give it a try)

Kind of an old saying: "Do you know what happens when you don't advertise?"

\Answer: "Nothing".

Old February 15th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

He absolutely loves them, Marie. Not that he is hard to please, foodwise,
but he thought those new bite n chew pouches were FABULOUS.
I like Whiskas cat food as it has no sugar in to tempt him to eat it and
ruin his teeth. I always examine the contents of any cat food I might think
of buying and if it has sugar in I don't get it.
Boyfriend has really good teeth, according to his vet check last summer. I
want them to last him for many years. It's surprising how much cat food has
sugar in if you examine the labels closely.
Tweed

Old February 15th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Aww, he's so cute.

Yes, he is a darling. A little bit of gate-jumping won't hurt him after
lounging around during the winter. He always gets a bit "fluffy" when he
stays in a lot.
He's pretty good for nearly 10, he has to do it from nearly a standing start
from behind the house as the path turns sharply right so there's no run-up.

I just love the idea of your cat waiting for you by the gate when you come
home. Dogs do this (not so much in the US where we have leash laws), but it's
not so common for a cat to do it. He's very loyal.

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old February 16th 12, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

I like Whiskas cat food as it has no sugar in to tempt him to eat it and
ruin his teeth. I always examine the contents of any cat food I might think
of buying and if it has sugar in I don't get it.
Boyfriend has really good teeth, according to his vet check last summer. I
want them to last him for many years. It's surprising how much cat food has
sugar in if you examine the labels closely.

Cat experts always say that cats don't have the capacity to taste sweetness.
But my cats clearly did not receive that memo.

(Don't worry, I don't feed my cats sweet things regularly, but occasionally
they've gotten leftovers from something I was eating, and they certainly
seem to like food that was sweetened.)

Old February 16th 12, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I like Whiskas cat food as it has no sugar in to tempt him to eat it and
ruin his teeth. I always examine the contents of any cat food I might
think
of buying and if it has sugar in I don't get it.
Boyfriend has really good teeth, according to his vet check last summer.
want them to last him for many years. It's surprising how much cat food
has
sugar in if you examine the labels closely.

Cat experts always say that cats don't have the capacity to taste
sweetness.
But my cats clearly did not receive that memo.

(Don't worry, I don't feed my cats sweet things regularly, but
occasionally
they've gotten leftovers from something I was eating, and they certainly
seem to like food that was sweetened.)

Some cat food providers put sugar in their food, and cats like it. They
know this and continue to do it, despite they know it's bad for them.
Whiskas has no sugar in
I am familiar with the makers of Whiskas. They are not far from me.
They have a research facility with dogs and cats in, testing their food and
I'm sure they are experienced about their new product, Bite n chew.
My cat loves it, but no bite n chew. He hoovers it up.

Tweed

Old February 16th 12, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

When my daughter was young, she had one of those little bake sets. She made
a very small spice cake and frosted it. She put it on the kitchen counter.
Shortly after that, Tawny (RB) jumped up on the counter and ate the whole
thing. The next day my mother-in-law came over with some cookies. I told
her I'd put them where the cat couldn't get them, and she informed me that
cats don't like sweet things. Obviously Tawny hadn't received that memo
either.

Joy

Old February 16th 12, 09:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

i figure my cats didn't get the one about being obligate carnivors as all of
mine except barbi and MH will eat a variety of things that don't qualify
under that catagory, Lee
"Joy" wrote in message
. ..

Old February 16th 12, 09:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

I can get it in Senior so I'll probably keep him on it while it's 3 quid a
box of 12.

Where are you getting it for this price, please? :-)
With 6 to feed I am always keen on finding an offer.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old February 16th 12, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Persia's an indoor cat but she always knew when I was coming home. When we
lived in the apartment in Tennessee she'd wait on the window sill in the
front bedroom for me to come home from work. She recognized the sound of
the car and my parking spot was right by the front door. I'd see her
sitting in the window waiting for me Now I have a house with a garage.
I enter directly into the kitchen after I park. When she hears the electric
garage door open she waits for me in the kitchen. Of course, there's always
the chance I bought something for her while I was out! She gets first dibs
inspecting what's in the shopping bags

Jill

Old February 16th 12, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I have an attached garage. Lindy (RB) used to be waiting for me just inside
the door from the garage whenever I came home. Waffles and Pickles are
usually on my bed when I leave, and still there when I come home.

Joy