Just like when meowmie was working..

Old February 16th 12, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Just like when meowmie was working..

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I can get it in Senior so I'll probably keep him on it while it's 3 quid
box of 12.

Where are you getting it for this price, please? :-)
With 6 to feed I am always keen on finding an offer.

Asda, they only just had it in this week.

Old February 16th 12, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Dave swears the cats wake up and run to the door when I come in from
work. The puzzling thing is they get into prime begging position
about 5 minutes before I've opened the door....and that's the front
door downstairs. He's timed it and 5 minutes before I ring the
doorbell downstairs so he can let me in (Our hallway lights often
don't work and anyway if I have shopping I don't want to be struggling
with bags and keys) the cats wake up from their afternoon coma and
start towards the door. And its not just because I get in the same
time every day since sometimes I'll come in straight from work and
sometimes I might stop off on the way etc....he's now learnt when the
cats move I'll be in within 5 minutes- it's like they can sense me
coming down the road

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 16th 12, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

I can get it in Senior so I'll probably keep him on it while it's 3 quid
box of 12.

Where are you getting it for this price, please? :-)
With 6 to feed I am always keen on finding an offer.

grab it if you can when your local supermarket gets it, I've bought another
two boxes tonight, it will be 4.49/box without the special offer launch and
Boyfie absolutely loves it.
Despite being a food hound, there are some things he will not eat, like the
70 per cent chicken pouches I thought he would love and bought him for a
treat. He took one sniff and said " you have to be joking.."
I'm tempted to give them to my s-i-l for Tigger but if Boyfie will not eat
them, it's unlikely that Tigger will as he has a very discerning palate. He
was adopted as a kitten from the RSPCA so he has forgotten his roots and he
regularly donates the prawn flavour pouches to Boyfie. In fact there is
only one box of Whiskas various flavours that can be bought for him and the
prawn one has to be discarded.
Now if he were mine it would be different.

Tweed

Old February 16th 12, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
Dave swears the cats wake up and run to the door when I come in from
work. The puzzling thing is they get into prime begging position
about 5 minutes before I've opened the door....and that's the front
door downstairs. He's timed it and 5 minutes before I ring the
doorbell downstairs so he can let me in (Our hallway lights often
don't work and anyway if I have shopping I don't want to be struggling
with bags and keys) the cats wake up from their afternoon coma and
start towards the door. And its not just because I get in the same
time every day since sometimes I'll come in straight from work and
sometimes I might stop off on the way etc....he's now learnt when the
cats move I'll be in within 5 minutes- it's like they can sense me
coming down the road

I can't explain that since you walk to your home and don't have a car which
my cat is tuned in to the engine sound of it and has learnt "that's my
meowmie coming home."

Old February 16th 12, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M[_2_]

Nancy has reported that the cats usually get active about 5 minutes
before I get home (which would put me several blocks from home), and the
dog starts to wag at the front door a couple of minutes before I arrive.
The dog I can understand, since I suppose it's possible that she could
hear me from a couple blocks away; how the cats do it is beyond me.

Old February 17th 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 16, 3:32*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I can't explain that since you walk to your home and don't have a car which
my cat is tuned in to the engine sound of it and has learnt "that's my
meowmie coming home."

Dunzi (RB) based on Dave's observations did exactly the same thing and
I've seen the other side of it when Dave went out and I was home- now
Dave doesn't usually go out without me in fact since he got back from
hospital this would be about the first time he did I had to be
somewhere else and he wanted to go to a concert so a friend went with
him. I got in first, fed the cats, sat down and opened a book but I
was quite tired so I wasn't really concentrating on the book I was
just passing time until Dave got in and we could go to bed. I noticed
the cats stalking out of the living room- they went in the hallway and
sat down by the door and I remembered what Dave had said and looked at
the clock 11.25- he came in at 11.30

Old February 17th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I like Whiskas cat food as it has no sugar in to tempt him to eat it and
ruin his teeth. I always examine the contents of any cat food I might
think
of buying and if it has sugar in I don't get it.
Boyfriend has really good teeth, according to his vet check last summer.
want them to last him for many years. It's surprising how much cat food
has
sugar in if you examine the labels closely.

Cat experts always say that cats don't have the capacity to taste
sweetness.
But my cats clearly did not receive that memo.

Cat food with sugar in is very attractive to cats and that's why some
manufacturers include it.
Whiskas has no sugar and that's why I let Boyfie eat it.
Tweed

Old February 17th 12, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Telepathy.

--
Joy

Treat each day as your last. One day you will be right.

Old February 17th 12, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Feb 16, 6:46*pm, Dan M wrote:
Nancy has reported that the cats usually get active about 5 minutes
before I get home (which would put me several blocks from home), and the
dog starts to wag at the front door a couple of minutes before I arrive.
The dog I can understand, since I suppose it's possible that she could
hear me from a couple blocks away; how the cats do it is beyond me.

Cats have good hearing too. Rusty (RB) used to be able to hear when
somebody walked down the outside hallway towards my door way
before I could hear it.

Old February 17th 12, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 2/16/2012 3:31 PM, Lesley wrote:
Dave swears the cats wake up and run to the door when I come in from
work. The puzzling thing is they get into prime begging position
about 5 minutes before I've opened the door....and that's the front
door downstairs. He's timed it and 5 minutes before I ring the
doorbell downstairs so he can let me in (Our hallway lights often
don't work and anyway if I have shopping I don't want to be struggling
with bags and keys) the cats wake up from their afternoon coma and
start towards the door. And its not just because I get in the same
time every day since sometimes I'll come in straight from work and
sometimes I might stop off on the way etc....he's now learnt when the
cats move I'll be in within 5 minutes- it's like they can sense me
coming down the road

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

They have *extremely* good hearing and can recognize their slaves'
footsteps from very far away. I read a study about this in cats and dogs.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/