oej and injection sarcoma

Old February 23rd 12, 09:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default oej and injection sarcoma

had to take OEJ for her bloodwork to renew her script, she has now gone to
two pills a day. this means twice a day so a bit more stress because of how
we work/travel but doable.

whilst at the vet i asked the question about looking up research on ISS and
vet tells me the big vet univ like cornelle have done research also colorado
univ i think, and the american assoc of feline vets also should have
information she said a google on causes of injection site sarcoma should do
it.

we also discussed not giving shots at all to completely indoor cats, she
said if the humans in the house went out little and it was a single cat
household it might be ok, but she strongly reccomends frvc in households
where there aremultiple cats and in houses regardless of numbers of felines
if the humans are out often and coming into contact with other animals.

Lee

Old February 23rd 12, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
had to take OEJ for her bloodwork to renew her script, she has now gone to
two pills a day. this means twice a day so a bit more stress because of
how we work/travel but doable.

Have you tried Greenies Pill Pockets? They made pilling Persia so much
easier. She liked the chicken ones

(snippage)

we also discussed not giving shots at all to completely indoor cats, she
said if the humans in the house went out little and it was a single cat
household it might be ok, but she strongly reccomends frvc in households
where there aremultiple cats and in houses regardless of numbers of
felines if the humans are out often and coming into contact with other
animals.

Lee

Well heck, we have to leave the house sometime! I'm not in contact with
other animals, unless you count petting my neighbor's cats (and that's
rare... they only let me if I'm cat-sitting). I doubt going to the mailbox
qualifies me for potentially spreading diseases from cat to cat. I still
see no need for feline vaccinations for indoor only cats.

Jill