Lost my cat one week today

Old July 13th 04, 12:07 AM
JoJo

Lisa,

I am so sorry for your lost, I lost my two oldest, July 31st will be the one
year anniversary of Tyrone's death, and I lost Z this past March. Both were
15 when they passed. It never gets easier, so I can sympathize completely.

When you are ready, you will know. Please, though, when you decide you are
have an open mind, do not look for one "just like" Autumn. It is not fair to
the kitten, you, nor Autumn's memory. Since I have lost my oldest two I
have gained four more, none of them are like either of my old guys, and
trust me, I would love to have another one exactly like Tyrone (my baby) or
Z. They all have certain personality traits of my lost babies, but none of
them are exactly like them. Plus kittens' personalities tend to evolve - as
babies they can be attached to your hip, but when they hit teenage years,
they have better things to do (like typical teenagers). But I still love
them all.

And when you are ready, look at your local shelter. Kitten season is in
full-bloom now, and most shelters are over-flowing with cats and kittens.
And probably will be until the weather starts getting cold.

I am sorry for you loss. The pain is awful, but it does get better. I
still cry for Tyrone or Z on occassion, but they are in a better place than
being here and sick. I'll see them again on the Rainbow Bridge one day. In
the meantime I have many memories, even though they are no longer here.

Take care, Autumn will be watching over you now, your guardian angel.

JoJo

Old July 13th 04, 12:44 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "JoJo"
artfully composed this message within
on 12 Jul 2004:

Please, though, when you decide you are
have an open mind, do not look for one "just like" Autumn. It is
not fair to the kitten, you, nor Autumn's memory.

And sometimes you find one that is just so similar it is eery, even
when you weren't even trying. When my Marley passed, I looked for a
cat just like him and realized none could take his place. Then
Shamrock came into my life and he looks nothing like Marley, but his
purrsonality is almost exactly the same. Same playfulness, same dog-
like purrsonality attributes, same mean-streak when he wants to be
mean. Like Marley reincarnated. Surprises me every day how similar he
is.

--
Cheryl

Old July 13th 04, 02:28 PM
JBHajos

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:28:07 GMT, "Rob and Lisa"
wrote:

Hello my name is Lisa and just recently I had to have my cat put down...

We are so sorry for your loss. You have our deepest sympathy.
Though it was best for your kitty, it was a terribly painful thing to
do and we hope your pain eases as you remember good times with her.
We hope, too, that you'll soon find another kitty to share your lives.

Jeanne

Old July 13th 04, 04:26 PM
Adrian

Rob and Lisa wrote:
Hello my name is Lisa and just recently I had to have my cat put
down...I

I did reply to your post on a.b.p.a. my sincere condolences.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 13th 04, 05:55 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:28:07 GMT, "Rob and Lisa"
wrote:

Hello my name is Lisa and just recently I had to have my cat put down...I
had to on Sunday...I woke up with her meowing and dragging her back
legs...when I saw that I knew something was wrong, she was also trying to
hide from me, she went under the couch and stayed there, I kept calling

her
and she finally meowed...she was in alot of pain, I called the vet to ask

if
they knew and they didnt and they told me to come there and I said I will
when I find a ride, I finally got a hold of someone and she came to pick

me
up. I showed up at the vets, the vet tested her by clipping one of her

back
claws and see how the blood flow is and it was supposed to bleed lots but

it
didnt and he asked if anything fell on her and I said no so he listen to

her
heart, then his face went downside, and told me its not good news its not
curable and he also said that it happened to his cat and had to have her

put
down...he said it is a blocked aorta by her heart and I can do the surgery
but its $3000 and he hasnt seen a cat go through it and make it...and said
she is in alot of pain...so I said my good-byes and cried...and had to

sign
something...he then administered the shot and she was gone...I had never
once had to put an animal down...it sucks...anyways I got her ashes 4 days
later and keeping them in my room where she slept also...I am looking for

kitten...but want one like her...so I am taking my time someone told me it
helps me to heal...I do miss my baby...but she is with me forever...I love
you Autumn...you will always be my princess and in my heart...if anyone

knows if someone is giving a kitten like her and is in
the
Abbotsford Area...Canada please e-mail me back at

and let me know....

Thank You
Lisa

Lisa, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard and painful it can
be. Wishing you gentle healing and sending kind thoughts.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn