Kitten severed nipple in half! won't deficate.

Old November 11th 04, 10:28 PM
Mary

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Vet's visit very good.

After a small enima, the doctor discoverd that Mr. Sock's is not
constipated. I will attempt feeding him a mixture of formula and
kitten chow. Hopefully, he wil produce some poo!

Hmm. I wonder if Mr. Socks pooed but you somehow missed
it?

Old November 12th 04, 01:55 AM
Wendy

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Vet's visit very good.

After a small enima, the doctor discoverd that Mr. Sock's is not
constipated. I will attempt feeding him a mixture of formula and
kitten chow. Hopefully, he wil produce some poo!

Hmm. I wonder if Mr. Socks pooed but you somehow missed
it?

I suspect Mr. Socks just hadn't eaten enough solids to have anything to poo.
I see this a lot with rescue kittens I have to bottle feed. They usually
take a day to get used to the nipple and then another day or so to eat
enough to have to poo.

Old November 12th 04, 10:48 PM
Sharon Talbert

Tony, there is a good dry product out there for weanlings. Royal Canin's
baby formula (comes in a pink bag). RC has two kitten chows, one for
small kittens just learning to eat solid food up to a couple of months
old and one for kittens 4-6
months.

We find that first mixing the kitten chow with a/d (gotten from your vet)
or chicken babyfood (hold the onions) is a good introduction to a kitten
transitioning to solid food.

The gas can be alleviated with a few drops of pure peppermint oil or a
health-food product called "Stomach Ease," which is a combination of mints
and camomile etc. Works wonders with upset tummies. The kitten could
have been quiet because he had severe stomach pain from gas, by the way.

Good luck with the little monster.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
www.campuscats.org
Old November 12th 04, 10:48 PM
Sharon Talbert

[...]

stupid, stupid neighbor -L. : Cat health & behaviour 51 August 30th 04 05:21 AM
Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM