Final goodbyes

Old April 28th 05, 09:15 PM
Tara K.

Default Final goodbyes

Another Princess video. Click on the "Fly away" link on the Princess home
page:

http://members.dodo.com.au/~tara_k/index.html

I've had to further compress the original "Strange Currencies" video to make
room for this one, it's now 4.02mb, so if you're on low bandwidth and you
haven't been able to download it previously, give it a try now.

Warning: some of the footage in this video is from her final hours. I
stopped filming at about 2am, but she's very close to the end here. Nothing
gory, or horrible, but if this sort of thing distresses you, don't watch it.

There'll be one more video to follow this one, which is more of a
celebration of her life (and the lives of the other cats who have lived with
me and my family). And then I think I'll be able to let her go.

I hope that everyone can see that "Fly Away" is not a tragic video, but
hopeful.

Have tissues ready. Ghod knows I cried enough putting it together.

TK

PS My apologies for anyone who's thinking "just get over it, already!" I
know, I'm pouring out my heart and soul to the world here, but there's no
other way I can think of to express how much this cat meant to me. My
feeling is that although I've been putting these videos together for my own
personal reasons, that people have been interested enough in Princess' story
to warrant posting them here. If it helps people to understand the plight of
homeless animals, then I've done a good thing, I think.

Old April 28th 05, 09:21 PM
CatNipped

"Tara K." wrote in message
[...]

I've got my tissue and I'm going to watch it now.

TK

PS My apologies for anyone who's thinking "just get over it, already!" I
know, I'm pouring out my heart and soul to the world here, but there's no
other way I can think of to express how much this cat meant to me. My
feeling is that although I've been putting these videos together for my
own personal reasons, that people have been interested enough in Princess'
story to warrant posting them here. If it helps people to understand the
plight of homeless animals, then I've done a good thing, I think.

*NOBODY* in this group is thinking "just get over it, already" - *we're* not
ready to get over it yet and it wasn't our furbaby! You're welcome to come
here and pour out your heart and soul whenever and as often as you like.
We'll treat them gently, I promise.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 28th 05, 09:26 PM
CatNipped

"Tara K." wrote in message
[...]

Ohmygawd, I needed *lots* of tissues. Poor baby, poor, sweet baby girl!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 28th 05, 09:32 PM
Shiral

*NOBODY* in this group is thinking "just get over it, already" -
*we're* not
ready to get over it yet and it wasn't our furbaby! You're welcome to
come
here and pour out your heart and soul whenever and as often as you
like.
We'll treat them gently, I promise.

Hugs,

CatNipped

What Catniped said, Tara. We realize this loss is still very new, and
most if not all of us have had to say farewell to beloved cats before
now. I still mourn my darling Isadora, and I had to say farewell to her
over a year ago, now. I certainly think a loving tribute to Princess
is right and fitting, especially on this NG.

((Hugs))

Melissa

Old April 28th 05, 09:36 PM
Tara K.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Tara K." wrote in message
[...]

Thanks (you too, Kreis

I didn't mean to imply that anyone would feel this way, just my own
fearfulness that I'm overly mushy about animals. Or that people would get
annoyed that I'm sharing my grief so publicly.

Hell, it's been a long night (it's now 4am here - if a "video-thought" is
bugging me I tend to be driven to finish it before it fades). I'm probably
not making much sense anymore

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thankyou people, really. I'm so glad I finally decided to pop into the cats
newsgroups after many months of just not having the time to read usenet
properly. Your words have all been a great help and comfort.

TK

Old April 28th 05, 09:38 PM
Victor Martinez

Tara K. wrote:
PS My apologies for anyone who's thinking "just get over it, already!" I
know, I'm pouring out my heart and soul to the world here, but there's no
other way I can think of to express how much this cat meant to me. My
feeling is that although I've been putting these videos together for my own
personal reasons, that people have been interested enough in Princess' story
to warrant posting them here. If it helps people to understand the plight of
homeless animals, then I've done a good thing, I think.

You are welcome to continue pouring your heart out here. A place that
also helped me when we lost our beloved Quetzie was the grief newsgroup.
It helped telling our story and also reading the stories of others who
had suffered losses like our own.
We all deal with grief in our own way, there is no right or wrong way of
doing it.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 28th 05, 09:52 PM
Hopitus

I did not make it to the videos, nor will I...just reading her sad story
busted me up good. Bast and the Almighty bless you for giving Princess a
comforting home, food she lacked, and your and her own kind's brand of love
during her last days of life on this end of the RB. She
is looking down @ you from the thick soft grass of the foot of the RB, not
alone, and as young and beautiful and healthy as she was in her prime....and
will wait for your
arrival there.

Old April 28th 05, 10:27 PM
Ivor Jones

Tara K. wrote:
[...]

Oh wow, Tara, what can I say..? I cried buckets during that, but don't
feel bad, you gave that beautiful girl some peace and true love during her
final days, and I'm sure she was grateful, as are we all here that you
shared her story with us.

Rest in peace, Princess. You will never be forgotten.

Ivor

Old April 28th 05, 11:10 PM
Helen Miles

"Tara K." wrote in message

PS My apologies for anyone who's thinking "just get over it, already!" I
know, I'm pouring out my heart and soul to the world here, but there's no
other way I can think of to express how much this cat meant to me.///

Don't EVER appologise for grieving. Everyone grieves in their own way,
and I for one will wop anyone who is insensitive to your loss and pain
with a bloody great nerf bat straight over the head.

It's wonderful that you feel able to share the story of Princess, and I
must admit to having shed a few tears of my own for a very special
little cat.

{{{HUGS}}}

Helen M

Final goodbyes Tara K. Cat anecdotes 26 May 4th 05 09:15 PM
Final goodbyes Tara K. Cat community 19 May 4th 05 09:15 PM
Jellicle Ball: Final Calling of Names Mietze Cat community 20 November 12th 04 08:59 PM
A Final Tribyoot--MAY I GO NOW? Paula Cat community 0 November 4th 04 07:13 PM
Sara: Final Update Exocat Cat anecdotes 6 October 28th 04 03:31 PM