OT Cruelty Warning- 2 Swans killed in NY Park

Old May 7th 05, 01:16 AM
Kreisleriana

Default OT Cruelty Warning- 2 Swans killed in NY Park

We have marveled at the strength and orneriness of swans on this ng,
but it wasn't enough to save a mated pair from a creep who stabbed and
beat a mating pair to death in a park in the Bronx. The male was 25
pounds, and the female 18.

I can't tell you how hearing this story depressed me. I live near a
park in Brooklyn, and the breeding pair of swans are part of life
around here. We love their majesty and their pure beauty, but we also
secretly-- and not so secretly-- admire their toughness, their
take-no-sh*t attitude, and their kamikaze devotion to their babies.
They are so big and powerful, they seem indestructible, but they are
also vulnerable to stupid, savage brutality.

I am just praying that these two got a some good shots in and drew
some blood before the ******* ended thier lives. The local ASPCA
retrieved their nest of six eggs and have them in an incubator.

Theresa
Old May 7th 05, 03:33 AM
Gabey8

I hope they catch the @)$(#*@# creep!

Ya know the Alfred Hitchcock movie where flocks of birds go around
attacking people? The culprit deserves to live that every time he tries to
walk out the door.

Stories like this are why I couldn't be an animal control officer. I get
too angry about this sort of evil, and I'd be constantly battling the
desire to throw the perpetrators of crimes like this out the nearest
window. (

Donna

Old May 7th 05, 06:23 AM
Melissa Houle

Kreisleriana wrote in message

We have marveled at the strength and orneriness of swans on this ng,
but it wasn't enough to save a mated pair from a creep who stabbed and
beat a mating pair to death in a park in the Bronx. The male was 25
pounds, and the female 18.

SNIP
I am just praying that these two got a some good shots in and drew
some blood before the ******* ended thier lives. The local ASPCA
retrieved their nest of six eggs and have them in an incubator.

Theresa

Sometimes I just get so discouraged by the stupid-ass things people do.
Those poor swans, they deserved so much better!

I hope the person who killed them is feeling incredible pain from
swan-inflicted injuries and that his spirit is still capable of some kind of
shame over what he did.

Melissa

Old May 7th 05, 10:44 AM
Jo Firey

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

[...]

Just because he didn't get caught doesn't mean someone doesn't know he did
it. Hope they make his life miserable.

Jo