Crosspost--stray outside cat question

Old June 23rd 05, 01:59 AM
MauiJNP

ok guys, how long do you wait for someone to claim the cat after putting out
a flyer? the cat is still hanging around, still skinny except for the food
we give her she doesn't appear to be eating and still wanting attention
(meowing outside my bedroom window). She is scared by the dogs we have and
I keep having to go up and fetch her from the tree (she comes right to me
though when I call her so I can grab her out of the tree). I got a crate
for her today and I am going to put her in it tonight so that tomorrow she
can go to a shelter or shop or something (she only comes around at night
because of the dogs being out all day).

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
Hello. I recently had a stray older kitten (definately not full grown, I

am
not sure of age though) take up residence in my shed and my yard. I have
never owned a cat, much less an outside one. If it turns that no one is
missing her (flyers are out) then she might be able to stay here

(depending
on how the dog acts with her here and how she acts with him). However, I

am
not sure to what extent do outside cats need care and attention? Do I buy
food, put out water, a bed? Can she come and go as she pleases and be

fine?
Basically, what do I do if she stays? Thanks.

Old June 23rd 05, 02:24 AM
biggerbadderbarry

MauiJNP wrote:
ok guys, how long do you wait for someone to claim the cat after putting out
a flyer? the cat is still hanging around, still skinny except for the food
we give her she doesn't appear to be eating and still wanting attention
(meowing outside my bedroom window). She is scared by the dogs we have and
I keep having to go up and fetch her from the tree (she comes right to me
though when I call her so I can grab her out of the tree). I got a crate
for her today and I am going to put her in it tonight so that tomorrow she
can go to a shelter or shop or something (she only comes around at night
because of the dogs being out all day).

What is the shop like

Old June 23rd 05, 03:39 AM
Gail

I think she is a stray and I would go ahead and try and find her a home (or
bring her to a no kill shelter.)
Gail

Old June 23rd 05, 10:04 PM
MauiJNP

ok guys, how long do you wait for someone to claim the cat after putting
out
a flyer? the cat is still hanging around, still skinny except for the
food
we give her she doesn't appear to be eating and still wanting attention
(meowing outside my bedroom window). She is scared by the dogs we have
and
I keep having to go up and fetch her from the tree (she comes right to

me
though when I call her so I can grab her out of the tree). I got a

crate
for her today and I am going to put her in it tonight so that tomorrow

she
can go to a shelter or shop or something (she only comes around at night
because of the dogs being out all day).

ok, the little bugger found a way to escape from the crate last night so I
have to try again tonight I guess. maybe the crate can go in a closed
garage after she's in it instead of just an open shed.

Old June 23rd 05, 10:47 PM
biggerbadderbarry

MauiJNP wrote:

Can't you just an old blanket in the shop and spend 5 dollars on food
every once in a while.

It makes me hot...they are the sweetest creatures!

Nobody said you have to put your tongue down their throat.

Just feed the dang cat, stop makin such a fuss!!!!!!

NOT ANOTHER WORD ABOUT THAT POOR CAT AND SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO GET
RID OF IT...

Thats dirty business!

Old June 24th 05, 03:29 AM
MauiJNP

"biggerbadderbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

MauiJNP wrote:

Can't you just an old blanket in the shop and spend 5 dollars on food
every once in a while.

It makes me hot...they are the sweetest creatures!

Nobody said you have to put your tongue down their throat.

Just feed the dang cat, stop makin such a fuss!!!!!!

NOT ANOTHER WORD ABOUT THAT POOR CAT AND SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO GET
RID OF IT...

Thats dirty business!

I don't believe in outside pets (except maybe horses and other big things).
Pets should be inside the house and with the family. That is why I want to
find a good inside home for the cat, she deserves the best, not someone just
giving her the bare essentials.

Old June 24th 05, 03:56 AM
biggerbadderbarry

MauiJNP wrote:

I don't believe in outside pets (except maybe horses and other big things).
Pets should be inside the house and with the family. That is why I want to
find a good inside home for the cat, she deserves the best, not someone just
giving her the bare essentials.

I realize your gonna do what you want.

I just don't see no harm in her hanging out back.

Ok, I have this picture.

You have a little fresh painted shop, the grass is nice and green. The
cat has found a way in, she feels safe, this nice lady comes and brings
her food. And shows her a little attention.

The cat has sunshine, butterflys, a shade tree, a couple visits a day
from you,
She is bony, and a shetler would just throw her little frail system
into tail spins. The stress of it, the worry of it.

Can we keep her pleeeease....
She don't eat much....
She'll keep the mice out...
She can make friends with the dog...

Old July 25th 05, 01:27 AM
Jessica Hill

Want a place to show your pets? My name is Jessica, and I created a
website to show your pets. It is called Showyourpets.com! You can show
your dogs, horses, birds, turtles, and any other pets! And, it's all
free, and for fun.

Please visit my site at http://www.showyourpets.com

The site just went up today. So I invite you to be the first to submit
your pets!