cat trees and fostering

Old February 27th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default cat trees and fostering

My tax return came in (yeah, I got people), and this year I decided to
buy a cat tree for the Princess Rita. A nice tall one to set in the
window so she won't have to climb up on the bookcase and sit
uncomfortably. There was nothing in the local pet stores that
appealed to me, so I found this site and got this one for her:

http://www.cozycatfurniture.com/catg...towertree.html

I think she'll like it. You know you got it bad when the tax return
is earmarked for a cat tree.

(Rita says, "It's only right and natural. Good servant.")

Meanwhile, my sister is getting quite a rep as a foster mom! They
didn't want to get another pet after Topaz went to the Bridge, because
they are considering moving, so she signed up to foster cats. Turns
out, she has a knack for dealing with the most troubled cases, calming
them down and socializing them so they can be adopted out more
easily. Must be the nurse thing. So they've got 3 of them at home
now, just being loved up silly. They're having a blast.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old February 27th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

My tax return came in (yeah, I got people), and this year I decided to
buy a cat tree for the Princess Rita. A nice tall one to set in the
window so she won't have to climb up on the bookcase and sit
uncomfortably. There was nothing in the local pet stores that
appealed to me, so I found this site and got this one for her:

http://www.cozycatfurniture.com/catg...towertree.html

I think she'll like it. You know you got it bad when the tax return
is earmarked for a cat tree.

You sound like my kind of people!!

Old February 27th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:

I think she'll like it. You know you got it bad when the tax return
is earmarked for a cat tree.

Even if you "have people", that's not really a guarantee
you'll have a refund due - you might OWE money! (Unless you
deliberately have too much withheld from your pay all year,
and that's not really "cost effective", since the IRS only
pays interest if they are late in returning your money -
they get interest-free use of it until April 15th plus the
couple of months until they actually send the refund check!)

Old February 27th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Jane wrote:

I think she'll like it. You know you got it bad when the tax return
is earmarked for a cat tree.

Even if you "have people", that's not really a guarantee
you'll have a refund due - you might OWE money! (Unless you
deliberately have too much withheld from your pay all year,
and that's not really "cost effective", since the IRS only
pays interest if they are late in returning your money -
they get interest-free use of it until April 15th plus the
couple of months until they actually send the refund check!)

If it was a reputable firm like H&R Block they should be able to calculate
the taxes and refund accurately.

Having said that, I was given bad information by both the local IRS office
and the financial firm that handles my IRA. They both told me that because
I was a hardship case (being unemployed) there wouldn't be an additional 10%
penalty for having to dip into my IRA on occasion for living expenses. They
both cited text from the same publication. And they were both wrong. It
took nearly a year but I was notified by the IRS audit division that I did
indeed owe them an additional 10%. That was not a fun thing, trust me.

Jill

Old March 1st 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Feb 27, 1:40 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
Jane wrote:
I think she'll like it. You know you got it bad when the tax return
is earmarked for a cat tree.

Even if you "have people", that's not really a guarantee
you'll have a refund due - you might OWE money! (Unless you
deliberately have too much withheld from your pay all year,
and that's not really "cost effective", since the IRS only
pays interest if they are late in returning your money -
they get interest-free use of it until April 15th plus the
couple of months until they actually send the refund check!)

Oh, I did all right. I don't have a house or much of anything, so my
taxes are pretty simple. However, I have a friend who works for H&R
Block (hence, I got people), and she has been doing my taxes for free
for a couple of years. On her advice, I have upped my donations and
kept better track of my medical expenses, and as a result my return
this year was TEN TIMES what it was 5 years ago. I had to change my
withholding! I'm very pleased with her.