A funny dog

Old December 8th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A funny dog

I was driving back from trying to get my hair cut today (trying being the
operative word; apparently no one gets their hair cut on Mondays here in
bumf*** South Carolina. Every place was closed up tight). So today is
trash day. I'm driving back on the island and I see this big yellow
labrador retriever trotting down a driveway towards the trash can by the
curb. It was carrying a big empty gallon milk jug in its mouth. It looked
for all the world like it was taking out the trash! I just had to laugh.

Jill

Old December 8th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

jmcquown kirjoitti:
I was driving back from trying to get my hair cut today (trying being
the operative word; apparently no one gets their hair cut on Mondays
here in bumf*** South Carolina. Every place was closed up tight). So
today is trash day. I'm driving back on the island and I see this big
yellow labrador retriever trotting down a driveway towards the trash can
by the curb. It was carrying a big empty gallon milk jug in its mouth.
It looked for all the world like it was taking out the trash! I just
had to laugh.

Jill

Same thing with the hairdressers over here in "Smallville", Finland.
They're open on the Saturdays, but not on the Mondays, as there are
usually only one or two people working in the whole salon, even though
there are plenty of salons here. Only one salon is open on Mondays, but
then she's closed on Saturdays...

And the lab was obviously being a good doggy, helping with the trash...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old December 8th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christine K wrote:
jmcquown kirjoitti:
I was driving back from trying to get my hair cut today (trying being
the operative word; apparently no one gets their hair cut on Mondays
here in bumf*** South Carolina. Every place was closed up tight). So
today is trash day. I'm driving back on the island and I see this big
yellow labrador retriever trotting down a driveway towards the trash
can by the curb. It was carrying a big empty gallon milk jug in its
mouth. It looked for all the world like it was taking out the trash!
I just had to laugh.

Jill

Same thing with the hairdressers over here in "Smallville", Finland.
They're open on the Saturdays, but not on the Mondays, as there are
usually only one or two people working in the whole salon, even though
there are plenty of salons here. Only one salon is open on Mondays, but
then she's closed on Saturdays...

I was under the impression ALL beauty salons in the U.S. were closed on
Monday! They certainly are/have been everywhere I'VE lived! (And most
"good" restaurants are, too - meaning non-franchise, non chain members.)
Old December 8th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

news

Christine K wrote:
jmcquown kirjoitti:
[...]

Back home everything is open on Monday. Actually, I did find one place that
was open. There was one customer in the chair getting her hair cut and a
big sign out front read, "Walk-ins Welcome". Apparently not. The woman
told me she's all booked up. Funny, I would have thought a waiting room
full of people = "all booked up", not one person already getting her hair
cut. Her loss. I won't go back there next time I look to get my hair cut.
For now I've just french braided it so it's out of my way.

And that dog really was funny!

Jill

Old December 8th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I was driving back from trying to get my hair cut today (trying being the
operative word; apparently no one gets their hair cut on Mondays here in
bumf*** South Carolina. Every place was closed up tight). So today is
trash day. I'm driving back on the island and I see this big yellow
labrador retriever trotting down a driveway towards the trash can by the
curb. It was carrying a big empty gallon milk jug in its mouth. It looked
for all the world like it was taking out the trash! I just had to laugh.

Jill

They love carrying things. One day in Manhattan, I noticed a big yellow lab
carrying a folded up newspaper, trotting along next to his hoomin. I caught
the lady's eye, and she smiled and shrugged her shoulders. You gotta let
them carry.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old December 8th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I was driving back from trying to get my hair cut today (trying being the
operative word; apparently no one gets their hair cut on Mondays here in
bumf*** South Carolina. Every place was closed up tight). So today is
trash day. I'm driving back on the island and I see this big yellow
labrador retriever trotting down a driveway towards the trash can by the
curb. It was carrying a big empty gallon milk jug in its mouth. It
looked for all the world like it was taking out the trash! I just had to
laugh.

Jill

They love carrying things. One day in Manhattan, I noticed a big yellow
lab carrying a folded up newspaper, trotting along next to his hoomin. I
caught the lady's eye, and she smiled and shrugged her shoulders. You
gotta let them carry.

They have incredibly "soft" mouths - they can carry eggs without breaking
them!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 8th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message news

Christine K wrote:
jmcquown kirjoitti:
[...]

At our local walk-in place the waits got really out of hand. Many of
us figured out that as long as we were there when they actually called
we didn't have to be there the whole time we were waiting.

Trouble is you can't tell anymore how long you will have to wait by
the number of people sitting there.

Jo

Old December 9th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

It made me smile watching it. Hello, time to take out the trash! G I
swear it was grinning, too.

Jill

Old December 9th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Damn, now you made me want to make some eggs! LOL

Jill

Old December 9th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I love a doggy grin. Reminds me of the "Can I help you?" German shepherd at
my pet food store.
--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

OK, how funny is THIS? Karen Cat anecdotes 5 October 16th 06 01:06 PM
%%%%HOW TO BE FUNNY!%%%% Expert Humor Cat health & behaviour 0 March 31st 06 06:55 AM
Sad but rather funny Karen Cat anecdotes 1 March 27th 06 05:33 AM
Too Funny!! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 September 10th 04 03:09 AM
Funny funny feline video! MGW Cat health & behaviour 4 March 10th 04 03:24 AM