Hi I am new here,, Cat's swollen ear!!

Old January 28th 04, 03:45 AM
Karen v

Default Hi I am new here,, Cat's swollen ear!!

Old January 28th 04, 08:56 PM
Suzie-Q

Karen v wrote:

This is for anyone this happens to.

My old C.J. cat was fine on Monday, on Tuesday, I went to scratch his
ears and one ear was swollen up like a balloon,

I have been so worried, I am housebound and have to rely on others to
help me, and could not get him to a vet.

It did not seem to hurt him,

I e-mailed a very nice person who has a "No kill" cat shelter

She assured me that he had a "hematoma"

Which is a broken blood vein in his ear.

She said that it would take about a month for it to start healing, and
there was no need for a vet,

This has never happened to me before and I cannot remember how many
cat's I have raised.

Just in case this happens to any of you, I wanted to share this.

If any one wants to help this nice lady out.. which I want to.

Her name is Barbara, and I think the addy is

http://www.catshaven.org

This is not a spam, She does not know I am sharing her addy

If this is offensive to anyone please flame me.

I am so relieved, I thought my kitty might have cancer or some such

Best regards to this group.

I do not have the group saved, so e-mail me with any comments

Karen

It might be good to have a vet look at it anyway. Maybe your vet
would be willing to make a quick housecall. Discuss money beforehand
if it's an issue.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Old January 29th 04, 01:21 AM
Larry Silkaitis

It sounds like a hematoma. My Grey Ghost had one and I went to a vet and he
sewed it up. It still looked wrinkled after it healed. It happened again
two months later. This time I did not take him to vet. It healed OK and
still had the wrinkled look.

--
Larry

----