Purrs for Lacey

Old November 17th 03, 04:03 AM
Julie Cook

Default Purrs for Lacey

I know I haven't been responding to post much lately but we have been
checking the list for requests for purrs and sending them out. Now I'm
here requesting purrs for Lacey. Today we noticed she isn't opening her
left eye. She's rubbing it a lot as well. She'll go to TED tomorrow but
in the meantime, could you spare a few purrs for her that this is just
an allergy like the last time and not a serious eye injury. I worry
because she and Hobbes wrestle a lot and I'm afraid she might have
gotten scratched. Then again it might be eye strain from sitting to near
the television. I put a small end table in front of the TV so that she
could sit on the table and be eye level with the screen. That won't last
long however because this afternoon she was trying to chase the credits
of a movie as they scrolled up the screen. DH made her stop saying she'd
scratch the screen. I guess the table will have to be moved out some.
Silly cat.

Julie

ps: Ginger-Lynn, I haven't done too well as a cease smoking partner.
About three weeks ago I began having migraine headaches every other day
so I haven't worried to much about the smoking thing. As soon as the
migraines cease I'll try to join you again.

Old November 17th 03, 04:39 AM
lrulan

Purrs and prayers for Lacey to be ok.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old November 17th 03, 05:38 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:03:00 -0500, Julie Cook
wrote:

[...]

Sending healing eye purrs for Lacy, and her worried meowmee

Julie

ps: Ginger-Lynn, I haven't done too well as a cease smoking partner.
About three weeks ago I began having migraine headaches every other day
so I haven't worried to much about the smoking thing. As soon as the
migraines cease I'll try to join you again.

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 17th 03, 06:13 AM
Marina

"Julie Cook" wrote
I know I haven't been responding to post much lately but we have been
checking the list for requests for purrs and sending them out. Now I'm
here requesting purrs for Lacey. Today we noticed she isn't opening her
left eye. She's rubbing it a lot as well.

Many purrs that it is nothing serious, heals soon, and she finds some other
hobby than watching TV.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 17th 03, 06:17 AM
Helen Wheels

Julie Cook wrote:
I know I haven't been responding to post much lately but we have been
checking the list for requests for purrs and sending them out. Now I'm
here requesting purrs for Lacey. Today we noticed she isn't opening her
left eye. She's rubbing it a lot as well. She'll go to TED tomorrow but
in the meantime, could you spare a few purrs for her that this is just
an allergy like the last time and not a serious eye injury.

Poor Lacey - here's hoping her eye problem isn't serious. For
what it's worth, I don't think the TV thing is the likely cause,
but you may want to remind her that too much telly isn't good for
anyone!
Helen Wheels

Old November 17th 03, 07:05 AM
Karen

in article , Julie Cook at
wrote on 11/16/03 9:03 PM:

[...]

She might just have a little infection too. They can get a piece of litter
in their eye or just pick one up. That used to happen to Sugar fairly
regularly but not for a long time now. Purrs to Lacey.

Karen

Old November 17th 03, 08:07 AM
Yoj

Purrs are on their way.

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

Old November 17th 03, 12:25 PM
Lisa Katt

Purrs that Lacey's eye problem isn't serious.
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old November 17th 03, 05:56 PM
Julie Cook

Thank you all for the purrs. We just got back from TED and she seems to think
Lacey has a cold and is treating her with a penicillin injection today and
amoxi drops for several weeks. She also has Gentocin durafilm solution for
her eyes. This should be a fun week for Meowmy Of a little concern is
that she's lost some weight. In April she weighed 10 lbs and now she's
weighing 9.7 lbs. We're going to get through this week and when she goes back
next Monday for a follow-up consider blood test to make sure she isn't
showing signs of early thyroid problems. Poor kitty. She's taken a nice long
bath to get rid of the smell of the vet from her fur and is now curled up on
the cat tree watching the birds and napping.

Again, thank you for your purrs.

Julie and Lacey

Old November 17th 03, 05:59 PM
Takayuki

Julie Cook wrote:
I know I haven't been responding to post much lately but we have been
checking the list for requests for purrs and sending them out. Now I'm
here requesting purrs for Lacey. Today we noticed she isn't opening her
left eye. She's rubbing it a lot as well. She'll go to TED tomorrow but
in the meantime, could you spare a few purrs for her that this is just
an allergy like the last time and not a serious eye injury.

Purrs for Lacey's eye. She's such a funny little cat, playing with
everyone and watching too much TV. Even if it's a small infection or
scratched cornea, those usually seem to clear up fairly quickly.

Purrs Needed Gizela Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 03:51 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM