My British Blue won't stop hiding

Old July 29th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default My British Blue won't stop hiding

In article .com,
says...
I'm glad she's settling in - gorgeous!!!!!

I uploaded the only photo I have so far of Burberry - I don't think it
does her justice (like all cat owners I imagine )

http://nickonz.smugmug.com/gallery/3...178002152-M-LB

Cats are notoriously hard to photograph, particularly since auto-focus
can't seem to stay on them long enough. But Burberry is a good looking
cat too and seems to know when the camera is present.

Old July 29th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 29 Jul, 04:26, wrote:
I'm glad she's settling in - gorgeous!!!!!

I uploaded the only photo I have so far of Burberry - I don't think it
does her justice (like all cat owners I imagine )

http://nickonz.smugmug.com/gallery/3...178002152-M-LB

T wrote:
In article ,
says...
It takes time cats are like humans each act differently towards stress. You
got to be patient 10 days is not a long time at all

If you get a chance stay in the room where she is at when she comes out
talk to her quiet don't move towards her . If she will eats treats give
her a few

Leave the door open no matter what

I'll agree on that. Poor Evangeline (Angie). I adopted her in January of
2007. We had to move in April 2007 but she seems to have rebounded
nicely.

As you can see in this picture, she's adapted quite nicely and is a lap
fungus.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kd1s/39...594534805296/- Hide quoted text -

ohhhh!!!! what a cutie! such a sad little face and such big orange
eyes, I bet it is hard tobe patient when you have a cuddle bug like
that around you, you just want to scoop her up and snuggle don't you?
she is a pretty little one isn't she? such a cutie, i just want to
reach into the monitor and hug her

bookie

Old July 29th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 29 Jul, 03:39, T wrote:
In article ,
says...

It takes time cats are like humans each act differently towards stress. You
got to be patient 10 days is not a long time at all

If you get a chance stay in the room where she is at when she comes out
talk to her quiet don't move towards her . If she will eats treats give
her a few

Leave the door open no matter what

I'll agree on that. Poor Evangeline (Angie). I adopted her in January of
2007. We had to move in April 2007 but she seems to have rebounded
nicely.

As you can see in this picture, she's adapted quite nicely and is a lap
fungus.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kd1s/39...7594534805296/

i just looked up feliway onthe internet and got several links to sites
where you can buy it online, not sure where you are but i found this
one
http://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/
and this one
http://www.petmeds.co.uk/
in the uk, mayeb you can get it from your vet otherwise?
cheers bookie

Old August 1st 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jul 29, 11:08 am, wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anybody had any advice for me.

About 10 days ago I adopted a 2 year old British Blue girl. (I have
named her Burberry). When I first got her home, I followed all the....

Hi again everybody,
Thanks for your responses - it's day 12 now and Burberry has still
done very little in terms of getting more comfortable and relaxed. I
managed to track down a Feliway spray today but no luck finding the
defusers. Anyway, I've sprayed that today on her bed and toys and
scatching post and tower etc, just before she made a dash from under
the sofa in one room to back under my bed.

Unfortunately I can't get the bed off the frame to stop her going
under there.

Still being patient and trying to talk to her without looking at her
much, but she really doesn't respond at all. I suppose more time is
the answer, and yes it is hard to be patient when I know there's a
giant snugglebug just a few feet away who is not happy

Will keep you posted, going to try and take some photos of her soon

Nick

Old August 1st 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 1 Aug, 01:23, wrote:
On Jul 29, 11:08 am, wrote:

[...]

Hang in there. She will come out eventually )
It is entirely possible that one of her 2 legged slaves has been
unkind to her, & she simply needs to know if she can trust you enough
to come out & talk meow to you...
Keep us posted, Please, of you don't mind?
Many thanx,

Sjeelagh"o"

Old August 1st 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Unfortunately I can't get the bed off the frame to stop her going
under there.

DON'T do that!!!! it is essential she does have some sort of hidey
hole to retreat to, it will make her feel much more secure and more
likely to come out and explore of her own accord if she knows she has
a safe place to go back to and hide in if she feels it is all too
scary for her. She really does need these little boltholes to hide in
right now, she is probably still a bit perplexed by it all and still
abit unsure as to whether she can trust you yet or not.

keep at it, she will come round eventually, best things come to those
who wait
bookie

Old August 28th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Well after over a month, she is FINALLY starting to come around!

She is still afraid of people standing up, and still likes to hide a
lot of the time, but has also been interacting and playing and purring
and starting to get to know me! Sooo relieved!

Anyway, here are some pics Enjoy

http://nickonz.smugmug.com/gallery/3353398#186979808

Old August 28th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Mon 27 Aug 2007 10:05:27p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com:

Well after over a month, she is FINALLY starting to come around!

She is still afraid of people standing up, and still likes to
hide a lot of the time, but has also been interacting and
playing and purring and starting to get to know me! Sooo
relieved!

Anyway, here are some pics Enjoy

http://nickonz.smugmug.com/gallery/3353398#186979808

What good news! They really can take some time to warm up. She
sure looks like she's having fun with her toys. She's so cute.
British Blue's look so pudgy but don't tell her I said that. I know
it's a breed thing.

--
Cheryl

Old August 28th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 28 Aug, 03:05, wrote:
Well after over a month, she is FINALLY starting to come around!

She is still afraid of people standing up, and still likes to hide a
lot of the time, but has also been interacting and playing and purring
and starting to get to know me! Sooo relieved!

Anyway, here are some pics Enjoy

http://nickonz.smugmug.com/gallery/3353398#186979808

she is such a pretty little thing! i love her pudgy little chops and
her round face and big round eyes, i am not surprised you were
frustrated at not being able to cuddle her for so long because looking
like that she is just asking to be scooped up and hugged and fussed
over, she is truly gorgeous.
the shot of her going for the blue dnagly fur thing is very cute.

I am glad you were patient inthe end, it does pay off and she will get
even more confident overtime just like my terri has done (she also has
a round pudgy face just like burberry) and you will develop a special
bond just between you too which will be even better.

I can't get over what a cutie she is, i have to look at those photos
again now
bookie