Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 17th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! But I Know Where She Is!!!!

"pat Chlebowski" wrote in message
I hope that tonight is the night that you get Smudgie...... Where can
that cat be??? I'm not a cat person, but this cat has gotten me all
worried.... Smudgie, get your butt home.....

You're not a cat person?

Old July 17th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Sharon & Smudgie

Hi Everyone

Sorry I've not updated sooner.

2 very nice ladies turned up around 9 last night and we took them down
to the woods. We had a walk about and they decided the best place for
the trap was where we usually set it up as that's where I always leave
the food. I stayed with them whilst Mike came home, they parked their
car right next to the woods on the grassy area and we waited. No sign
It was raining quite heavily on and off though and Smudgie hates
the rain so perhaps she had found somewhere dry to shelter? We did
hear a cat mieow and something ran past the side of the car into the
bushes but that was all. We waited until 12.30 and decided to call it
a night. They are, however, coming back again tonight and kept
reassuring me that they will continue to come back until she is caught.
I just wish I had even a quick glimpse of her though just to put my
mind at rest that it is her and she is still ok. She hasn't been
spotted by Kylie and Roxy since Tuesday. I keep thinking "hold on
Smudgie, it wont be long until I find you"! Perhaps tonight will be
more fruitful.

I helped run the shelter today so I am a bit tired, I am going to try to
have a nap now so I can manage to stay awake during our vigil tonight.

Fingers crossed for no rain tonight and my baby coming home.

Sharon

Purrs and prayers for tonight.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Same from us in the USA
Love
Kyla

Old July 18th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

I guess i should have said...I don't have a cat, just a dog.....

Old July 18th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

pat Chlebowski wrote:

I guess i should have said...I don't have a cat, just a dog.....

I was wondering about that! Why would someone hang out with a bunch of
cat people for years if they didn't at least like cats?

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it.
Old July 18th 10, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have these three cats and love them to pieces but, I really miss having a
dog. Only reason I don't have one is I couldn't walk it properly in this
heat. Wouldn't be fair.

Old July 18th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Jul 17, 8:50*am, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

Fingers crossed for no rain tonight and my baby coming home.

Bumping this to the top I'm logging on all the time hoping to see
"Smudgie's Home!"- could you post it in this thread as well when she
is as I have it set at work to update me when someone posts to the
thread?

We are sending purrs...tons of purrs....megatons of
purrs......gigatons of purrs.....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 19th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Our cats wouldn't tolerate having a dog. They've only met one once, about 3
years ago and they hated him. Kyla

"Granby"
I have these three cats and love them to pieces but, I really miss having a
dog. Only reason I don't have one is I couldn't walk it properly in this
heat. Wouldn't be fair.
bast

Old July 19th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am not responsible enough for a pet dog, and where we live a dog guide
would be wasted... when violette was with us it wasn't allowed, she hated
all dogs, Lee

Old July 19th 10, 09:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Bumping this to the top I'm logging on all the time hoping to see
"Smudgie's Home!"- could you post it in this thread as well when she
is as I have it set at work to update me when someone posts to the
thread?

We are sending purrs...tons of purrs....megatons of
purrs......gigatons of purrs.....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hi Everyone

Well, we went trapping all weekend until after midnight but nothing.
Smudgie hasn't been seen since last Tueday by Kylie and I'm wondering
whether she has found somewhere else to sleep and hunt? We have had heavy
rain on and off for the past few days, and she hates getting wet, so perhaps
that put her off going to the woods. I believe she was spending the daytime
elsewhere and going into the woods only at night as she was always seen on
her way into the woods or in the shrubbery on the edge of the trees around
9.30 at night.

Now my problem is where exactly has she moved on to? Luckily my DH is off
work this week so he will put some posters up on the estate on the other
side of the woods and fields and pop leaflets through doors there. It will
be 3 weeks on Wednesday Kylie said Smudgie will be feral now because of
her instinct to get food and water, even if she has to fight for it. That
made me smile I must admit cos Smudgie has always been super feisty and I
can imagine her behaving like that cartoon Tasmanian Devil, wizzing about
like a tornado and scoffing all the cat food left out within a 2 mile
radius!

If only I knew where she was now, when she was being seen at the woods every
night I felt certain we would have got her back by now. Now she could be
anywhere and I don't know where to start. Her "cat nav" needs some fine
tuning that's for sure!

Thanks for the continuing purrs, I'm sure she can hear them but she doesn't
know they are to guide her home!

Sharon