Caliban pictures

Old January 8th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Caliban pictures

Marina wrote:
Upside-downy Caliban:

http://tinyurl.com/9twb2

Caliban's taken over Frank's place on the pillow:

http://tinyurl.com/c3uhl
http://tinyurl.com/9835q

I just wish he'd sleep there at night when I go to bed.

He's such a sweet stripey boy! Give both Caliban and Miranda hugs for
me. And purrs for your broken heart about Frank and Nikki.

Jill

Old January 8th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 07 Jan 2006 05:02:38a, Marina wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Upside-downy Caliban:

http://tinyurl.com/9twb2

Caliban's taken over Frank's place on the pillow:

http://tinyurl.com/c3uhl
http://tinyurl.com/9835q

I just wish he'd sleep there at night when I go to bed.

Great pictures Marina. I wonder sometimes what goes on in their
little furry heads when they take over the sleeping spot of another.
Maybe nothing? Nah... they're too smart for that. Something leads
them to it. Maybe Frank did.

--
Cheryl
Old January 11th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Marina wrote:

Caliban's taken over Frank's place on the pillow:

http://tinyurl.com/c3uhl
http://tinyurl.com/9835q

He looks so much like Roxy, it's weird! If I do say so myself, he's a
very pretty cat.

Caliban says: 'Pretty? PRETTY??? I'ze not pretty, I'ze HANSUM!!'

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 11th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-07 04:02:38 -0600, Marina said:

Caliban's taken over Frank's place on the pillow:

http://tinyurl.com/c3uhl
http://tinyurl.com/9835q

I just wish he'd sleep there at night when I go to bed.

Do you know that none of the cats I've ever had would sleep on a pillow
like that? Cali is definitely channeling Frank.

Well, he used to see Frank perched on the pillow all the time, and once
or twice, he tried to join Frank on the pillow, though Frank wasn't very
happy about that. Lately he has been sleeping on the pillow at night,
but only after I've gone to sleep. I wake up in the morning to find him
sleeping there. Maybe one day I'll be allowed to fall asleep to the
sound of a purring cat again.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 11th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 05:31:59 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Well, he used to see Frank perched on the pillow all the time, and once
or twice, he tried to join Frank on the pillow, though Frank wasn't very
happy about that. Lately he has been sleeping on the pillow at night,
but only after I've gone to sleep. I wake up in the morning to find him
sleeping there. Maybe one day I'll be allowed to fall asleep to the
sound of a purring cat again.

LB is the only one of mine who sleeps at the head of the bed - not on
the pillow but next to my head. So I often fall asleep to her purrs.
The problem is she never spends the whole night there, and often wakes
me when she decides to get up.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 11th 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

He looks so much like Roxy, it's weird! If I do say so myself, he's a
very pretty cat.

Caliban says: 'Pretty? PRETTY??? I'ze not pretty, I'ze HANSUM!!'

Ooooh, and a macho little boy, too, aren't you, Mr "Hansum"!

"Mr. Handsome" is my favorite nickname for Licky, but he doesn't mind
if I occasionally say "pretty kitty" or "beautiful boy". But he is VERY
unmacho - I mean, this is a cat who scurries under the bed when the
doorbell rings.

Joyce - who has Mr. Handsome curled up in my arms this very minute
Old January 11th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Marina wrote:

He looks so much like Roxy, it's weird! If I do say so myself, he's a
very pretty cat.

Caliban says: 'Pretty? PRETTY??? I'ze not pretty, I'ze HANSUM!!'

Ooooh, and a macho little boy, too, aren't you, Mr "Hansum"!

"Mr. Handsome" is my favorite nickname for Licky, but he doesn't mind
if I occasionally say "pretty kitty" or "beautiful boy". But he is VERY
unmacho - I mean, this is a cat who scurries under the bed when the
doorbell rings.

Joyce - who has Mr. Handsome curled up in my arms this very minute

Caliban is a very 'in-yer-face' kind of cat. He greets everyone -
friends and strangers - just as enthusiastically. But he's not
aggressive, he'll be likely to throw himself down and invite a tummy
rub. And it's not a trap, he really likes tummy rubs. In fact, this is
how he always greets me when I come home; he meets me at the door
(usually looking a bit sleepy) and throws himself down, and I can never
resist giving him agood tummy rub before I even get my coat off. It's
very sweet.

Miranda is the exact opposite. She runs and hides every time someone
comes in the door, even sometimes when I come home. It's strange, you'd
think they'd be just the opposite, given their starts in life: Miranda
was born into a good, loving home environment and stayed with her mother
for four months, while Caliban's mother was a rescue. He was born in a
foster home in Tallinn, Estonia, but he must have been separated from
his mother much too early (I believe he was was around eight weeks when
I first met him at the end of June, and he'd been here in Helsinki for a
while then).

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Stories and pics at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/
Old January 11th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Miranda is the exact opposite. She runs and hides every time someone
comes in the door, even sometimes when I come home. It's strange, you'd
think they'd be just the opposite, given their starts in life: Miranda
was born into a good, loving home environment and stayed with her mother
for four months, while Caliban's mother was a rescue. He was born in a
foster home in Tallinn, Estonia, but he must have been separated from
his mother much too early (I believe he was was around eight weeks when
I first met him at the end of June, and he'd been here in Helsinki for a
while then).

That's very interesting. In our household, the scaredy cats are Rufous
and Fez (to a lesser degree), who were rescues and lost their mom at 4
weeks old. They spent less than 1 day at the shelter and have lived with
us ever since. They were raised by Luna. Basho and Issa stayed with
their mom until they were 12 weeks old and lived in a house *full* of
cats until we picked them up. They are very sociable critters and will
demand pettins from everyone. Luna and Maya left their mom at 8 weeks
but they're both pretty outgoing and curious. Xoxo used to live on the
streets and he couldn't care less about people coming or going.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 18th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:02:38 +0200, Marina wrote:

Upside-downy Caliban:

http://tinyurl.com/9twb2

Caliban's taken over Frank's place on the pillow:

http://tinyurl.com/c3uhl
http://tinyurl.com/9835q

I just wish he'd sleep there at night when I go to bed.

Caliban's nose is such a sweet shade of pink. MLB