For the women on the group

Old October 28th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default For the women on the group

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...

I tried to explain that this always happens when I'm in hospital

I get it myself and the proper term is "white coat hypertension" ie
you're tensed up because you're in hospital and when you see a doc then
your blood pressure shoots up. The only time fpr me it wasn't a problem
was when I went for a knee injury so I didn't anticipate having my BP
done and when a nurse did it as routine I wasn't tensed up and the
result was slightly on the higher side of normal but still normal,
which it has been since I was 19 and first had it done and didn't
expect it then either

Lelsey

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

It's also known as "white coat syndrome". My sister gets it so badly they
don't even take her BP at the doctor's office any more. She has a machine
to do it at home.

Speaking of BP, I noticed something that I thought was strange yesterday
when I had a stress test, the time where they inject you with something when
you think you can go just one more minute. Before they started the test, my
BP was 158/72. At the end of the test, it was 180/65. A few minutes after
the test ended, it was 150/80. I thought it was strange that the upper and
lower numbers went up or down opposite each other.

Joy

Old October 28th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:

And even the furkids are subject to it. When Jake was last at the vet and
his heart rate was so high, the doc left the room for a while so Jake could
calm down and we could get a more accurate reading.

I mean what do they expect when they take their temperature and then check
their pulse?

LOL! Exactly.

Old October 28th 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt

A big hug for you, Christina!
You must really need it.
Elisabet

Christina Websell skrev i meddelandet ...

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:49:49 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Mammogram today, ouch, ouch and ouch. Results in 2 weeks - ish.
Pre-op assessment Thursday. My cup runneth over with medical

appointments
this week.

Tweed -- bad mood now

I know what you mean! Hang in there. It has to stop eventually!

You would think so, wouldn't you? However at my pre-op assessment
yesterday they told me that the Leicester hospitals (3 of them) have to

save
several million pounds before next May and as a result the ward that I was
due to stay on will be closed in the next couple of weeks. They were

hoping
I would be suitable as a "day case" which they can still do. It means

going
into hospital in the morning, having your operation and coming home the

same
day.
I'm not okay for a day case - I could have told them that myself - so at

the
moment the situation is that I will have to start the process all over
again. I have to be referred to another hospital, see another consultant,
get a new date for my operation and have a brand new pre-op assessment

(ECG,
all the lot..)
For some reason my blood pressure was up in a mega way!! 140/100. Nursie
said I will take your BP again after your ECG and if it's still up I will
give you a letter for your doctor.
She took it again after my ECG, and it was 151/101.
I tried to explain that this always happens when I'm in hospital but she
wasn't convinced so I had a letter to deliver to my doctor today.
It was exactly the same when I was in hospital for my eye operations. My
blood pressure set off the panic monitor. It's on the normal scale when I
am well and living quietly at home with my cats and chickens.

Sigh. I have an appointment on Tuesday to have my BP checked and no doubt

will have to attend often. From previous experience of pre-operative

panic,
I know it will only gradually come down.
I'm not aware that I am worrying excessively, but obviously my body is.

Did my mammogram in June, and it was fine. May yours turn out the
same.

Thanks. I am probably at higher risk but the last one was okay *before* my
Ov ca. I am shutting my eyes on looking on the internet about where it can
spread afterwards.
I did enough surfing when I was diagnosed to scare me almost to death.

Tweed

Old October 28th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:

Mammogram today, ouch, ouch and ouch. Results in 2 weeks - ish.
Pre-op assessment Thursday. My cup runneth over with medical appointments
this week.

Tweed -- bad mood now

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the results to be negative.
Hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 28th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Spotsie

William Hamblen wrote:

snip
I noticed my cat was making frequent trips to the litter pan
Sunday and I took Spotsie to the vet's yesterday for an
overnight stay in order for them to get a good urine specimen.
She had a lot of bacteria in her urine and therefore is on
Clavamox for the next 10 days. She had one of these sick spells
several years ago and came through OK. She's about 12 years old
and nine-and-a-half pounds, a spayed, dilute tortoiseshell
tabby. She has a peach-colored spot on the top of her head,
which gave her her name.

Bud

Lots of purrs for Spotsie,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 28th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I'm so very sorry to hear that.
Lots of purrs, hugs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 28th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

On 2006-10-28, polonca12000 wrote:
William Hamblen wrote:

snip
I noticed my cat was making frequent trips to the litter pan
Sunday and I took Spotsie to the vet's yesterday for an
overnight stay in order for them to get a good urine specimen.
She had a lot of bacteria in her urine and therefore is on
Clavamox for the next 10 days. She had one of these sick spells
several years ago and came through OK. She's about 12 years old
and nine-and-a-half pounds, a spayed, dilute tortoiseshell
tabby. She has a peach-colored spot on the top of her head,
which gave her her name.

Bud

Lots of purrs for Spotsie,
Polonca and Soncek

Spotsie is feeling better. After only a couple of days on
Clavamox she stopped straining and her urine looked better,
although it is hard to tell after it has hit the litter. She
has a few more days of Clavamox before she goes back to the vet
for a followup urinary exam. She is not a hard cat to pill. I
give her the medicine just before I put her food down in the
morning and evening. I put a picture of Spotsie's spot on
alt.binaries.pictures.animal a few days ago.

Bud
Old October 29th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:55:02 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Sigh. I have an appointment on Tuesday to have my BP checked and no doubt I
will have to attend often. From previous experience of pre-operative panic,
I know it will only gradually come down.
I'm not aware that I am worrying excessively, but obviously my body is.

Did my mammogram in June, and it was fine. May yours turn out the
same.

Thanks. I am probably at higher risk but the last one was okay *before* my
Ov ca. I am shutting my eyes on looking on the internet about where it can
spread afterwards.
I did enough surfing when I was diagnosed to scare me almost to death.

Tweed

{{{{{Tweed}}}}} That really sucks. The worst part is always the
waiting and the not knowing. Here's hoping they get it together and
get things speeded up for you.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old October 29th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Jo Firey wrote:
I mean what do they expect when they take their temperature and then check

their pulse?

Especially given where they take a cats temperature!!!

I wish I'd had a camera for the look on poor Dunzi's face when they had
their first vet visit just after we got them! It was like "OUCH!!!"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs