For the next 48-72 hours. . .

Old September 30th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default For the next 48-72 hours. . .

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 7:59?am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Sep 29, 7:09 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Can we limit our posts to cats. No personal diatribes, no name calling,
mud
slinging, or other non-feline oriented posts unless there is an
emergency?
Pax? Please? Lets see who can post the most interesting cat post.

Pam S. who admits she's not innocent

Well, I can only say I'll try. You just never know when you're going
to have an emergency
personal diatribe, ya know.

But I do have some news. Having a little extra cash, and it being
Yoda's 15th birthday and all,
I bought them their very first Drinkwell fountain.
snip

Sherry

I'll be interested to hear an update. ?I bought a Drinkwell for Holly and
Duffy several years ago but eventually donated it. ?Holly used to love to
play and drink from a water faucet (something she hasn't done for a long
time now). ?Well, I never saw her drink from the Drinkwell. ?Instead, she
would sit there and splash water all around. ?Duffy completely ignored it.
So, not one of my bigger success stories!!

MaryL

Well, the update is....I saw Biskit drinking out of it. The only one
so far. And she
is my timid little fraidy cat!

Sherry

***

In that case, the odds are pretty good that the rest will soon start using
it.

Joy

Old October 1st 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Sherry" wrote in message
On Sep 29, 7:09?pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Can we limit our posts to cats. ?No personal diatribes, no name
calling, mud
slinging, or other non-feline oriented posts unless there is an
emergency?
Pax? ?Please? ?Lets see who can post the most interesting cat post.

Pam S. who admits she's not innocent

Well, I can only say I'll try. You just never know when you're going
to have an emergency
personal diatribe, ya know.

But I do have some news. Having a little extra cash, and it being
Yoda's 15th birthday and all,
I bought them their very first Drinkwell fountain.

It didn't go over very well. They sat on their butts around it in a
semi-circle like they were having a meeting
or something. Then Bosley pushed in front, sniffed it, and wouldn't
let anyone else any closer to it. It was "his". Bosley is very
territorial, and even though he didn't have a clue what it *was*, he
knew it was "his."

This is Day 2, and I don't think anyone's drunk out of it yet. Maybe
if I eliminated their other water sources. Bowls, and the aquarium.
They like the aquarium water better I guess. It's fish-flavored.

Honestly, I thought Yoda would like it, because back when he could
jump, he was always drinking out of the faucet. I suppose he's
forgotten that. I really bought it because at his age, I figured
anything that would push more fluid through his body would be a good
thing. I'd gotten one donated for the cat contest prize, and while
reading on the box, I learned that it was veterinary recommended for
old cats, so I went out and bought him one.

I'm not writing it off as a complete bust yet. I'll give them some
more time. It's really kind of sad. 14 years ago, Yoda would have
LOVED it, and I'd have had water all over the floor. He was
completely
fascinated with running water. He'd play with a running garden hose
until he was soaking wet all over.

Sherry

Which one did you get, the "Platinum" or the regular?

It took my clowder quite a while to get used to it, but now it's the
only thing Sammy will drink out of. Jessie likes it too but she'd
still prefer her slaves to jump up and turn faucets on whenever she
gets thirsty. I've honestly never seen either of my boys drink, but
that may be because they're getting most of their water in their
food. Demi prefers the bowls upstairs, so I keep all water sources
available.

One thing that helps get cats to drink is to move their water bowls
to a new spot every day. Since cats evolved in the desert with few
open water sources, whenever they happen upon a new one they'll
usually take the opportunity to get a drink.

Hugs,

CatNipped

We always have three full glasses of water in the house for the cats,
Thats in attrition to the birdbath and a leaky faucet outside and the
dogs bowls and the neighbors pools.

I wish I could do justice to describing the anxiety attack Jake has
every night. When Charlie starts to get ready for bed, he picks up
the water glass on our bathroom sink. Within a few minutes, never
more than fifteen or twenty, he returns with a clean full glass of
water with a bit of ice in it. Jake spends the entire time pacing
around the bedroom, jumping on and off the counter to see if the
replacement glass has arrived and talking his fool head off. Once its
in place, he will have a small sip and come to bed for the night.

Molly prefers an identical glass in the computer room. And will drink
there anytime, unless she sees me. Then I have to empty and refill it
under her intense supervision.

Kayla thinks water bowls are designed to dampen tennis balls so they
aren't fuzzy in your mouth. And wonders why her water keeps ending up
on the floor.

She of course prefers the leaky faucet. Especially if there is mud
under it that she can lie in while she licks it.

Jo

Old October 1st 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"tanadashoes" ...
Can we limit our posts to cats. No personal diatribes, no name calling,
mud slinging, or other non-feline oriented posts unless there is an
emergency? Pax? Please? Lets see who can post the most interesting cat
post.

Pam S. who admits she's not innocent

We have a 20+ pound longhaired part tortie, named Sqweex, wh loves to ride
on my 4 wheeled walker and has a favorite fuzzy spinny toy I call BlueBob,
that she likes to put in her mouth and 'talk' with. Then she complaines
about having 'cottonmouth' LOL
Her nickname is Fluffybutt, because her butt IS very fluffy. She's a riot.
And she loves her 'nip'

Kyla