The things we do

Old January 24th 04, 11:13 AM
Yowie

Default The things we do

The things we do for the sake our cats....

The old washing machine has been on its last legs for quite some time, and
we figured that we'd better get a properly working one before the baby
turned up, lest this one finally gave up the ghost in the middle of a hige
nappy run.

I didn't have a lot of cash to spend, so it was going to have to be a pretty
basic machine, and a relatively small one, but I had tracked down a new
6.0kg machine for $550, only $50 over my planned budget.

Got to the shop only to discover that the lid on this machine was quite
rounded, smooth, and didn't open straight up.

There was *no way* Shmogg would be safe jumping up there, it being round,
smooth and rather flimsy. It also opene dinthe middle and only seemed
attached in the middle by teeny plastic hinges, and I could see the
possiblity of Shmogg jumping up there, the plastic failing uner his weight,
and him falling in.

Not Good.

So *just for Shmogg's sake* I paid an extra $150 that I couldn't afford to
get *exactly the same model* except for the flat, metal lid. That means I
won't quite make my mortage this month. But couldn't bear tho think of
Shmogg hurting himself when he leaps up there.

And of course, when the new machine turns up (Wednesday), Shmogg will never
even *think* of landing on top of this one, despite the fact that a) he
virtually *lives* on top of the current one and that b) the metal lid will
end up costing me $200 - $150 extra at the shop, and the $50 late fee the
bank will charge on mortgage.

And not even so much as a thankyou purr from his Majesty for doing such a
noble thing for him, nope, he just attacked my ankle when I came home from
the shops and stalked off to ignore me instead.

B*st*rd C*t.

Yowie

Old January 24th 04, 02:00 PM
lrulan

Yowie, yes, but we still love them to death, don't we? g
Jazz's mama who knows what b**tards cats can be sometimes
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

u...

Old January 24th 04, 06:25 PM
Bev

lrulan wrote:

Yowie, yes, but we still love them to death, don't we? g
Jazz's mama who knows what b**tards cats can be sometimes
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
[...]

I know exactly what you mean, cats rule our purchases. I used to love
buying pot plants, no more, the fun has gone out of it, shredded leaves,
pots tipped over, dirt spreaad everywhere and the added worry that I
will eventually buy something poisonous and make them sick!

Bev
--
I believe in an open mind, but not so open
that your brains fall out.
Old January 24th 04, 07:08 PM
Yoj

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
[...]

You are a good meowmie, Yowie, and I know you'll be a great mother to yo
ur barekitten too.

Joy

Old January 25th 04, 04:40 AM
Marina

"Yowie" wrote
The things we do for the sake our cats....

You are such a good slave, Yowie. Me, I'm thinking of buying an even bigger
bed for the cats. ;o) (I know it won't make any difference; Frank will still
sleep curled around my head and Nikki will still sleep on my legs, how ever
big the bed.)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 25th 04, 01:57 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
You are such a good slave, Yowie. Me, I'm thinking of buying an even bigger
bed for the cats. ;o) (I know it won't make any difference; Frank will still

When we first moved to our house we bought a king size bed, so we could
use our existing bed for the guest bedroom. It felt so big! Now, it
seems too small when we get more than 5 cats in it on cold nights...
Particularly because of the way they position themselves, to maximize
space usage and minimize movement allowance for us. Crazy gatos.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

My Favorite Things Ron Z Cat anecdotes 1 December 24th 03 10:01 PM
HazelAZ Yoj Cat anecdotes 70 November 19th 03 05:59 AM