getting to the end of my tether....

Old February 15th 04, 10:50 AM
minerva nine

Default getting to the end of my tether....

I am so tired! I just don't know how much longer I can take care of X... I've
started trying to find him a home, but it just seems like every day is endless,
and no one wants a cat with health problems. What am I going to do if no one
will take him? At this point, I would settle for someone taking him even for a
couple of weeks. My house looks like a tornado hit it, and my other cats are
starting to show signs of depression and anxiety -- I can't do this to them much
longer. Feeling very depressed. -- M9

Old February 15th 04, 11:26 AM
Luvskats00

Can you connect with a rescue group for a foster care situation? How bout
calling The Humane Societies of New Jersey, Best Friends (in California, I
believe) and other shelters (on a google search). Maybe if you can sponsor the
cat, they can house the cat there and try to get the cat adopted out.
Old February 15th 04, 02:54 PM
MaryL

"minerva nine" wrote in message
I am so tired! I just don't know how much longer I can take care of X...

I've
started trying to find him a home, but it just seems like every day is

endless,
and no one wants a cat with health problems. What am I going to do if no

one
will take him? At this point, I would settle for someone taking him even

for a
couple of weeks. My house looks like a tornado hit it, and my other cats

are
starting to show signs of depression and anxiety -- I can't do this to

them much
longer. Feeling very depressed. -- M9

Unfortunately, you haven't given us any specific information. For example,
if this group is to provide help, we would need to know exactly what your
cat is doing (other than the hint that your house looks like a tornado hit
it), how long you have had the cat, what you have done to try to correct the
problem, and any behavioral or environmental changes in both this cat and
your other cats. Is this your most recent cat? The oldest? Or what?

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old February 15th 04, 06:46 PM

M9 wrote:
I am so tired! I just don't know how much
longer I can take care of X... I've started
trying to find him a home, but it just
seems like every day is endless, and no
one wants a cat with health problems.
What am I going to do if no one will take
him? At this point, I would settle for
someone taking him even for a couple of
weeks. My house looks like a tornado hit
it, and my other cats are starting to show
signs of depression and anxiety -- I can't
do this to them much longer. Feeling very
depressed. -- M9

I have 24 cats and have dealt with health and other issues non-stop for
what seems like forever. Attitude is everything when you're in a
situation such as mine, and I have found that acceptance of the
situation regardless of what it entails and determination to figure out
how to make things work goes a long way in helping to deal with things.
If you are feeling depressed there may be an issue there that is also
interfering with your abilities to cope. If you like, email me privately
and I may be able to help you come up with some ways to cope with this
situation better.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old February 15th 04, 09:53 PM
Cat Protector

Instead of having people searching the archives it'd be more helpful if you
could repost.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"minerva nine" wrote in message
Unfortunately, you haven't given us any specific information. For

example,
if this group is to provide help, we would need to know exactly what

your
cat is doing (other than the hint that your house looks like a tornado

hit
it), how long you have had the cat, what you have done to try to correct

the
problem, and any behavioral or environmental changes in both this cat

and
your other cats. Is this your most recent cat? The oldest? Or what?

Mary -- If you'll search back in the archives for my posts, the whole

story is
there. Thanks -- M9

Old February 16th 04, 12:21 AM
minerva nine

Holy Smoke -- I never did post the story here. Sorry everyone! I have been
reading so many cats newsgroups in the last couple of weeks that I don't know if
I'm coming or going. I have put up a webpage with the basics at
http://www.io.com/~minerva/mrx.html. Any comments welcome. Thanks -- M9