Fluffy Vanishes

Old April 23rd 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fluffy Vanishes

The saga started around 4.00 yesterday when DH told me he had let Fluff out
for a run. I always get all cats inside before dark and the more slippery
ones, like Clyde even earlier.

Fluffy never goes too far and always comes home within an hour at the most.
She will always come when called.
Not yesterday, no sign of her at six or even seven and it was dark!! We
ran around the place searching all her favourite spots - nothing. Eight o
'clock, panic was setting in, something had happened, I was sure of it.
We even searched inside thoroughly although with screens over everything
she would have had to be let in by one of us. She refuses to use the cat
door so that was no go.

At 9 I was close to the tear stage and went over to see my neighbour in case
she was locked in his garage, like Clyde had been a couple of times. But
I didn't think she was because she is a busy little cat and not really
inclined to sleep in a garage when someone was nearby.

No, we looked in his garages and I trailed off home thinking of Ollie!!!!
Went into the kitchen and there she was as large as life with her face stuck
in the cat biscuits!!!
DH was as surprised as I was as he hadn't moved. Where had she been?

Later DH went to take her down to the cat house for the night but the little
fiend had vanished again. More searching - nope, nothing. Then DH
happened to knock against a small cardboard box that had been the container
of a large pot I had bought. I had given it to Bonnie to play with. She
likes ripping the cardboard off and spitting it on the carpet. Fluff was
inside the box, it was a tight squeeze but she had made it.

This whole episode could have been solved by a simple solution - beginning
to open a small gourmet tin of ocean fish and whole whitebait - she would
have been there before I got the lid off.!!!

Bev

PS I am secretly suspicious of DH who vowed he let her out earlier. Have
not done any accusing as he was upset too. We are unpaid door openers for
Fluff!

--

A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of
treacle, and melted under the gate -

Old April 23rd 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:36:21 +1200, "Bev" yodeled:

[...]

What a relief! Fluffy can do BCTs too!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 23rd 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Glad it was such a good and fairly fast resolution.

Charlie and I came to an agreement of sorts a long time ago. No blame where
the pets are concerned. We both love them as much as we can love and both
care for them the best we know how. Also we are not both the same person,
so there will be times we don't makes choices the other agrees with.

But we are human and they are faster, smarter, and sneakier than we are.

Jo

Old April 23rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-23, Bev penned:

No, we looked in his garages and I trailed off home thinking of
Ollie!!!! Went into the kitchen and there she was as large as life
with her face stuck in the cat biscuits!!! DH was as surprised as I
was as he hadn't moved. Where had she been?

Eep! Scary. Glad she was found.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 23rd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bev wrote:

No, we looked in his garages and I trailed off home thinking of Ollie!!!!
Went into the kitchen and there she was as large as life with her face stuck
in the cat biscuits!!!
DH was as surprised as I was as he hadn't moved. Where had she been?

She was in one of the other cat dimensions, of course. My cats go there
all the time. I'll be all over the house, searching and calling, and
suddenly, I'll look someplace I swear I'd already looked 10 times, and
there's the cat, smirking at me.

What a b*st*rd cat trick - on all of us! (Your post had me going, too!)

Joyce
Old April 23rd 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bev wrote:

[...]

Soncek is an inside only cat, but he still manages to disappear
completely and does not come when called, but appears again when he is
ready.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 23rd 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I can't wait till they get the cat finder gps collar made got it for dogs
but not cats yet. When they do are the Gods in for a surprise when
everytime they play lets scare the humans and take 10 years off their life
and we reach down and snag their happy butts everytime

Old April 23rd 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR wrote:

I can't wait till they get the cat finder gps collar made got it
for dogs but not cats yet.

They have it for dogs but not cats? What's the difference? Besides the
size of the collar, that is?

Joyce
Old April 23rd 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Matthew AKA NMR wrote:

I can't wait till they get the cat finder gps collar made got it
for dogs but not cats yet.

They have it for dogs but not cats? What's the difference? Besides the
size of the collar, that is?

Joyce

The collars are to heavy for cats and they way cats move the collars are not
safe for cats yet to easy to snag and choke. Not to much longer the battery
is the big thing with Sanyo new long lasting batteries and with the new
technology that is coming out soon will make the technology available

http://www.globalpetfinder.com/

Q: Can the GlobalPetFinder be worn by cats?
A: No, unfortunately, at this time we do not believe that the
GlobalPetFinder will be suitable for cats. We are very concerned about our
feline friends and are committed to our second generation product that will
fit comfortably onto cats as well as 'toy' breeds of dogs.

Old April 23rd 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Bev wrote:

[...]

Smokey is the only kitty that disappears here. She likes to sleep under the
couch, under bed covers and under the old TV when we still had it. She won't
come when called either, so we open the Cheese drawer and she magically
appears.

Cali used to like to play hide n seek in her younger days. We could not find
her one day, so we called her and called her, but no Cali. After an hour or
so of searching we saw this nose peering out from under the dresser. There
was a space under the drawers that was not enclosed and she had crawled in
there. She was quite pleased with herself that day. Once we had spotted her,
we noticed the nose quivering the more we called her. The little *******.

Fluffy SP is unwell Bev Cat anecdotes 14 November 28th 05 07:00 AM
Help! Da TED said we're too fluffy! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 9 August 3rd 05 11:44 AM
The sad tale of Fluffy Skye Luramao Cat health & behaviour 32 October 4th 04 12:45 AM
Fluffy kitty Richard Cat anecdotes 4 July 5th 04 06:04 PM
Fluffy Kitty 2002-2003 Me Cat community 12 October 18th 03 07:43 AM