FluffySP

Old September 15th 04, 10:33 PM
Karen

"Bev" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:

Could you try keeping an extra litter box really close to where she has
chosen to go? At least for a while?

Jo
"Bev" wrote in message
Since coming home I have had a bad problem with FSP. She must have
started urinating on the floor while I was away and my continual
attempts to clean it up has resulted in a huge big stain right in the
doorway. Yesterday I got in the carpet shampoo people (at great

cost)
and they did the house and managed to get rid of the stain. I

watched
Fluff like a hawk but you guessed it, I turned my back for a second

and
she rushed back and urinated on the patch where the stain had been.
It's enough to make you cry. I have been to the vet and got pet

Odorex,
sprinkled pepper etc. tried a heap of solutions.

The carpet cleaning man said the way to handle urine was to soak it up
slowly with a clean towel and to leave the cloth on the patch to keep
soaking it up until it stops being damp. This stops it soaking into

the
carpet. You then put a damp clean cloth on it and keep changing

that.

A neighbour called in while I was meditating on all this and said "oh,
there is only one solution, you will have to 'put her down!" You

could
have heard me shriek a mile away. I don't know how anyone could even
suggest that as a solution!!!! I just adore the little monster. I

guess
the only thing I can do at the moment is leave her outside as much as
possible and watch her every minute she is indoors. Sigh.

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Jo, She refuses to use a litter box. There is one just near the
carpet. I have tossed her into litter boxes and she often uses them
then but won't get in one herself.

Bev
--

Now there is an idea. Put her on a schedule of putting her in the boxes.
That's how I trained the kittens. Would she like it better if you mixed dirt

Old September 15th 04, 10:40 PM

Bev wrote:

The carpet cleaning man said the way to handle urine was to soak it up
slowly with a clean towel and to leave the cloth on the patch to keep
soaking it up until it stops being damp. This stops it soaking into the
carpet. You then put a damp clean cloth on it and keep changing that.

Also, you might try putting down aluminum foil on the area where she
pees. I've never tried this myself, but I've heard that cats hate the
stuff and won't walk on it. It's used to discourage cats from scratching
furniture, but maybe it'll also discourage her from using that spot as
her personal toilet.

A neighbour called in while I was meditating on all this and said "oh,
there is only one solution, you will have to 'put her down!" You could
have heard me shriek a mile away. I don't know how anyone could even
suggest that as a solution!!!! I just adore the little monster. I guess
the only thing I can do at the moment is leave her outside as much as
possible and watch her every minute she is indoors. Sigh.

Just tell her to stay away from the Stupid Neighbor!

Hope you can figure out how to get her to stop this behavior! It is not
a very pleasant situation to live with - I've been there.

Joyce

Old September 15th 04, 10:55 PM
Sherry

I don't know how anyone could even
suggest that as a solution!!!! I just adore the little monster. I guess
the only thing I can do at the moment is leave her outside as much as
possible and watch her every minute she is indoors. Sigh.

Bev

I'm sorry, Bev. It's a frustrating problem. Biskit went through a phase of that
and I thought I was going to pull out my hair trying to watch her every second.
She quit after she got fixed. I'd start giving you all kinds of tips that I
tried, but I suspect you already know them and have run the gamut yourself.
Purrs forFSP to brush up on this major housekitty manners infraction.

Sherry