FluffySP

Old September 16th 04, 05:59 AM
Marina

Bev wrote:

Jo, She refuses to use a litter box. There is one just near the
carpet. I have tossed her into litter boxes and she often uses them
then but won't get in one herself.

Could the sides of the box be too high for her liking?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 16th 04, 06:05 AM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:59:16 +0300, Marina wrote:

Bev wrote:

Jo, She refuses to use a litter box. There is one just near the
carpet. I have tossed her into litter boxes and she often uses them
then but won't get in one herself.

Could the sides of the box be too high for her liking?

Start from the first: Place her in the litter box -- take a paw and show
her how to scratch - then press her down into a sitting position. It may
take a few tries (if she is a slow learner) but it just might convey the
thought that this is what you want her to do. I did this with my two
strays the first time -- they were fast learners. MLB

Old September 16th 04, 06:16 PM
Jo Firey

OK I think I get the picture. Fluffy wants to go in the out. And usually
does. But she spends time in as well. So how to get out when she wants to?
Go stand by the door. If that doesn't work, a girl can get desperate.
Wait, if she pees on the floor by the door, it definite gets her into the
out ASAP. If she even goes there and stands it usually works. (Now she
likely learned this while you were away and she was training another slave)
So in her mind, peeing near the door is working just fine. It gets her out
faster.

(Wouldn't hurt to have her checked out to see if she has something wrong
that makes it hard for her to hold it.)

Jo