For those of us with d*gs

Old November 17th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

Default For those of us with d*gs

My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A pedicure is
an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they would charge for the same
two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12. So, I don't know if I'd
change vets or not. Lets face it, I live in upstate NY, and it is
EXPENSIVE!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old November 17th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A
pedicure is an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they would
charge for the same two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12. So,
I don't know if I'd change vets or not. Lets face it, I live in upstate
NY, and it is EXPENSIVE!!

Seems to me an eighteen dollar saving, every time my pooch needed a
bath, would be well worth making the change! (Assuming the new vet is
not so much further than the old that the difference is eaten up in
gasoline costs.)

Old November 17th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A pedicure
is an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they would charge for the
same two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12. So, I don't know if
I'd change vets or not. Lets face it, I live in upstate NY, and it is
EXPENSIVE!!

Do you have a bath in your house? If so, buy some dog shampoo, plonk him it
and do it yourself. Likewise buy a nail clipper. Saves a fortune here ;-)

Tweed

Old November 17th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A pedicure
is an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they would charge for the
same two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12. So, I don't know if
I'd change vets or not. Lets face it, I live in upstate NY, and it is
EXPENSIVE!!

Do you have a bath in your house? If so, buy some dog shampoo, plonk him it
and do it yourself. Likewise buy a nail clipper. Saves a fortune here ;-)

Tweed

I have the impression the OP may be physically unable to bathe her own
dog. Remember, she just had her cat PTS because additional surgery
would have been too expensive. (That being the case, it's hard to
imagine her being willing to spend money having her dog bathed if she is
able to do it herself.)
Old November 17th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Ah, yes. I almost forgot that.. It's a fact that short haired dogs like
Bassets can go almost their whole lives without needing to be bathed if they
are groomed regularly. Unless they roll in fox poo of course, but even then
tomato juice and a dip in the tub will sort it out. It is not necessary to
bath short haired dogs on a regular basis, let alone to pay $35 for it. I
would do it for half that ;-)

Tweed

Old November 17th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Can't lift my 80 lb. Basset into my bathtub. Since he has the long back, I
would never jeopardize his back like that. He doesn't roll in poop... he's
smarter than that. But he does get that gamey hound smell. Hence, a bath
once a month or so.

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old November 17th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A
pedicure is an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they would
charge for the same two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12.
So, I don't know if I'd change vets or not. Lets face it, I live in
upstate NY, and it is EXPENSIVE!!

I am be grateful to live here where the groomer that shares the
building with the vet gives Kayla, my Border Collie a bath and brush
out for $15. Nails not needed, she runs them off.

Jo

Old November 17th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A
pedicure is an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they
would charge for the same two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure
was $12. So, I don't know if I'd change vets or not. Lets face
it, I live in upstate NY, and it is EXPENSIVE!!

Do you have a bath in your house? If so, buy some dog shampoo,
plonk him it and do it yourself. Likewise buy a nail clipper.
Saves a fortune here ;-)

Tweed

I can just see me trying to give Kayla a bath in the tub. There are
several places around here where you can rent their set up and give
your dog a bath yourself for about $8.

Comes in handy when you've taken your dog hunting.

Jo

Old November 17th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A pedicure
is an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they would charge for
the same two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12. So, I don't know
if I'd change vets or not. Lets face it, I live in upstate NY, and it is
EXPENSIVE!!

I am be grateful to live here where the groomer that shares the building
with the vet gives Kayla, my Border Collie a bath and brush out for $15.
Nails not needed, she runs them off.

Jo

LOL! "Runs them off" indeed - what Border Collie doesn't? ; I think the
only more active dog is a Jack Russell terrier.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 18th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Jofirey" wrote in message

As they say, different strokes for different folks. Now my cats I
can bathe, no problem.

You bath your cats Why?

Tweed

Usually just once or twice a year when I know my very allergic
son-in-law will be here for some time.

Or if they get into something, or if they just aren't doing the job
themselves.

Jo