Fluffy stray is not a stray

Old May 27th 09, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Fluffy stray is not a stray

a while ago I posted about a fluffy gray kitty that was around my
apartment complex. She loves to roll around on the concrete and show
how pretty she is.

Well recenty i saw her again and left out some kibble.

Today i saw her resting on the concrete in front of one of the patios
and when i got closer, she disappeared into the plants and then into
up and over the wall into the patio. Hmmm....i then realized that
almost every time i had seen her, she would run back to that patio
area.

So curiosity got the better of me and i perched up and peeked over the
wall. I saw a bunch of usual people stuff, an open sliding
door....and a litter box.

AHA!! so the fluffy stray that's been hanging around my place and
peeking into my window and driving Mischief crazy actually belongs to
my NEIGHBOR!!!

interesting, since i thought there was a no pets policy....hmmm maybe
they made arrangements, but if so, why is she out running around? the
rule for me was that if i kept the kitty, it was on teh condition that
it was an INDOOR kitty.

ah well...but at least this means i know she has a home and is getting
fed. Yet she still likes it if i set out kibble.

I left a note saying hello and left a card for the old vet clinic i
used to work for.

But now i won't be too surprised when i see her. But then again, this
means i can't let Mischief out, becasue they'll probably fight.

Kristi
Old May 27th 09, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On May 26, 9:47*pm, Mischief wrote:
[...]

So i stopped by my neighbor and i could see someone was home watching
tv. I knocked and heard a D-THING barking. WTF??

Then i also saw the fluffy gray kitty at my feet, rolling around and
showing me her pretty belly. I knocked again, and no one answered,
yet clearly someone was home. I peeked into the patio and this
sliding door was shut. Then the tv was shut off and no one answered
my knocks.

but kitty was still OUTSIDE!!! There was a litter box, what looked
like kibble and water in the patio, but poor kitty was still
outside.

poor thing!!

I left out by my door behind a flower pot, a tiny dish of water and
small thing of kibble.

Good thing it's spring and not too cold. But i hope kitty has a soft
bed or something to sleep on.

Kristi
Old May 27th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mischief wrote:

But now i won't be too surprised when i see her. But then again, this
means i can't let Mischief out, becasue they'll probably fight.

Kristi

Not necessarily! (Or at least only a couple of minor territorial
disputes.) I don't know Mischief, of course, but cats tend to accept
the status quo, especially if it's clear that each has its own home.

I remember my first female cat (an indoor/outdoor cat who got pregnant
because I'd been told by the person who gave her to me that she was
spayed). One day I came home to observe her lounging in a group of
other cats (including the little next-door female who had recently had a
litter). They were just hanging out together, no signs of aggression.
It looked for all the world like a kaffee-klatch of older neighbor women
giving advice to the soon-to-be mother!
Old May 27th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message m...

Mischief wrote:

[...]

We used to have a small Siamese boy named Henry. Two houses down had
a pretty little tux boy named Oreo. Every morning Oreo would come
over to see if Henry could come out to play. They were inseparable
all day long and each returned to his own home every night. When his
owners moved away, they left him. I really hoped for good as we would
have been happy to take him in. But I guess their son threw a fit and
they came back for him. Henry missed his buddy more than any other
cat or dogs we've had ever missed another.

Jo

Old May 30th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Met the nieghbor

So I saw the fluffy gray kitty again and she ran up into the patio of
my neighbors.

The BF had let out some food for her and later on when i opened the
door she was munching on it. I knelt down and she started meowing.
Then she suddenly perked up and fixated on something behind me. I
turned and saw Mischief peeking out the open the door.

The kitty then ran away after gettin a whiff of Mischief. As I
followed the kitty I talked to her and then a woman came out onto the
patio. I introduced myself and we started talking. Mischief had also
followed me out and I made no attempt to put her back inside since the
other cat was also running around. The neighbor admired how pretty
Mischief was and how BIG she was. (Mischief is a porker, as we were
talking she went over to the food that was left out and started
munching.)

the neighbor told me she had been there for three years and her son
had found the cat, who had the name Coco, in a park. the poor thing
was starving and all alone. The son had actually sneaked him into the
apartment and was hiding it until the mom found out. The neighbor
also told me that her dog was for the daughter and she had been trying
to find a home.

Then she told me that she would be moving out in a few weeks because
the manager has told her to get rid of the pets or move out. So she's
moving out.

Can't say I blame her. I hope she can find a good place.

but now i know the kitty is loved and well cared for. I held Mischief
while Coco was on the wall, and they looked at each other. No growls
from either of them.

I'd like to find a new place too, but until the BF finds a job, I
don't think that will happen.

Kristi

Old May 30th 09, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mischief wrote:

[...]

How come she was given this ultimatum when you were not? Not that you
should be!! It just seems like she should be given the same courtesy.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 30th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On May 29, 6:58*pm, wrote:
Mischief wrote:

[...]

Well I got permission from the OWNER, and got it in writing to have
ONE cat...over the years i'm sure the owner has noticed when doing
maintenance that I have more than one, but he hasn't said anything.

Not sure of the whole story here, but it is unfortunate.

Coco was right outside my door when I left today for my show. She's
so cute, she hunkers down and does the little back/foot wiggle like
she's going to pounce, but she's actually showing affection and she
does it more when you scritch her back.. Such a cutie!

Kristi

Stray Cat Gandalf Cat anecdotes 9 January 12th 08 03:55 PM
stray cat Easy Cat rescue 3 September 9th 07 06:34 PM
Got the last stray!! kraut Cat community 7 August 30th 07 11:54 AM
The other stray cat Susan M Cat anecdotes 7 June 19th 05 04:10 PM
What To Do With A Stray Cat????? Tony Cat health & behaviour 8 July 6th 04 01:55 AM