I rocked her world

Old June 18th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I rocked her world

Persia loves her crackle sak. But it was covered in cat fur. I tried
vacuuming it but it just wasn't cutting it. And Persia is not a long-haired
cat. She's what the vet calls a medium short-hair. So I put it in the
washer. You'd think I'd transported it to another planet! She wandered
around the apartment crying like she'd lost her best friend! After the wash
cycle (delicate) it had a brief stint in the dryer. And she was still so
upset. Where's my crackle sak? Took about 10 minutes in the dryer then
back on the floor. OOOOH, my crackle sak is back! All is right with the
world again! Goofy cat.

Jill

Old June 18th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Persia loves her crackle sak. But it was covered in cat fur. I tried
vacuuming it but it just wasn't cutting it. And Persia is not a
long-haired cat. She's what the vet calls a medium short-hair. So I
put it in the washer. You'd think I'd transported it to another
planet! She wandered around the apartment crying like she'd lost her
best friend! After the wash cycle (delicate) it had a brief stint in
the dryer. And she was still so upset. Where's my crackle sak?
Took about 10 minutes in the dryer then back on the floor. OOOOH, my
crackle sak is back! All is right with the world again! Goofy cat.

Jill

I thought you were going to say she didn't like it after it had been washed.
I'm glad I was wrong and Persia's happy again.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 18th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Persia loves her crackle sak. But it was covered in cat fur.

It's like trying to wash a pillow case--covered in black fur--but the
challenge is getting the case off the pillow when there is a Nox
enthroned on that pillow...

Instead of crying though, she bites you for disturbing her, then gives
you a glare and curls up on the blanket in a huff, indignant about her
de-throning and the prospect of sleeping on a /coverless/ pillow (how
common).

Woe betide if you have to wash the blanket TOO.

--Fil

Old June 18th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian A wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Persia loves her crackle sak. But it was covered in cat fur. I tried
vacuuming it but it just wasn't cutting it. And Persia is not a
long-haired cat. She's what the vet calls a medium short-hair. So I
put it in the washer. You'd think I'd transported it to another
planet! She wandered around the apartment crying like she'd lost her
best friend! After the wash cycle (delicate) it had a brief stint in
the dryer. And she was still so upset. Where's my crackle sak?
Took about 10 minutes in the dryer then back on the floor. OOOOH, my
crackle sak is back! All is right with the world again! Goofy cat.

Jill

I thought you were going to say she didn't like it after it had been washed.
I'm glad I was wrong and Persia's happy again.

I thought the same. So glad Persia likes her clean crackle sack. )

Old June 18th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

She's rolling around on it as I type She's so funny; I was afraid she
wouldn't like the washed version, too!

Jill

Old June 18th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
ups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
Persia loves her crackle sak. But it was covered in cat fur.

It's like trying to wash a pillow case--covered in black fur--but the
challenge is getting the case off the pillow when there is a Nox
enthroned on that pillow...

Instead of crying though, she bites you for disturbing her, then gives
you a glare and curls up on the blanket in a huff, indignant about her
de-throning and the prospect of sleeping on a /coverless/ pillow (how
common).

Woe betide if you have to wash the blanket TOO.

I swear Nocturne and Bandit are twins separated at birth (or at least after
their training at Satan's knee)! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

--Fil

Old June 18th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Persia loves her crackle sak. But it was covered in cat fur. I tried
vacuuming it but it just wasn't cutting it. And Persia is not a
long-haired
cat. She's what the vet calls a medium short-hair. So I put it in the
washer. You'd think I'd transported it to another planet! She wandered
around the apartment crying like she'd lost her best friend! After the
wash
cycle (delicate) it had a brief stint in the dryer. And she was still so
upset. Where's my crackle sak? Took about 10 minutes in the dryer then
back on the floor. OOOOH, my crackle sak is back! All is right with the
world again! Goofy cat.

Jill

OK. Molly and Jake deserve some extra special new toys and treats. (The
black and white monster is making Jake crazy. Molly just washes its ears
when it gets too pushy)

So what is a crackle sack. We are headed to the "big" city for Father's Day
dinner with the clan.

Jo

Old June 18th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
OOOOH, my crackle sak is back!
All is right with the world again! Goofy cat.

Jill

OK. Molly and Jake deserve some extra special new toys and treats.
(The black and white monster is making Jake crazy. Molly just washes
its ears when it gets too pushy)

So what is a crackle sack. We are headed to the "big" city for
Father's Day dinner with the clan.

Jo

It's something that can be crawled through and laid upon and it crackles
like plastic bags but it doesn't chase you. It's soft and cuddly and can be
slept upon but it also crackles if you roll around on it. It's a Crackle
Sak!!!

Jill

Old June 18th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Marina wrote:

I thought you were going to say she didn't like it after it had been
washed. I'm glad I was wrong and Persia's happy again.

I thought the same. So glad Persia likes her clean crackle sack. )

She's rolling around on it as I type

Of course - she's getting it back to normal, ie, fur-covered.

Joyce
Old June 18th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote:
Marina wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
I thought you were going to say she didn't like it after it had been
washed. I'm glad I was wrong and Persia's happy again.

I thought the same. So glad Persia likes her clean crackle sack. )

She's rolling around on it as I type She's so funny; I was afraid she
wouldn't like the washed version, too!

From what I've generally heard, it's usually fine to wash a cat's
favorite blanket or sock or toy or wig or hoomin or stuffed animal.
From the way they lie on fresh laundry, I'd say they don't mind the
fresh scent!