Well Now We know

Old September 15th 04, 08:10 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:29:01 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

This happened to my Siamese. The young Vet said he did not see a scar so
opened her and found she had already been done....... I felt terrible
(and so did Princess) that she had that unnecessary operation. She was a
stray about two years old at the time. MLB

Guess it's something that happens pretty regularly, even if not
exactly common. When LB and Sammy were spayed their TED suggested a
tattoo next to the incision. That way, if, heaven forbid, I lost them
they wouldn't have to be opened up just to find they'd already been
spayed. My regular TED provides several little services like this at
no cost - but makes up for it by charging plenty when he does charge
;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old September 15th 04, 09:29 PM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

Tanada wrote:

Pretty much correct, as usual, Tak. We all, including the vet, assumed
that QC was a spayed female. No one really wanted to part that fur to
make sure, after looking at QC's paw spread (about three inches)

But isn't Coochie (I love that name) very gentle?

Yes, but we didn't know it at the time, and who really wants to take
chances. The Cooch is extremely gentle, but he just about decimated the
wild animal population in our back yard before he came in from the out.
I find that I still tend to refer to him as she. Good thing he
doesn't carry a grudge.

Pam S.

Old September 16th 04, 01:36 AM
Christina Websell

I think it can happen to anyone, especially if the cat is a LH.
BTW, my grandmother was a Perkins, maybe we're related?

Tweed

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
It happened to me with Betsy, who was rather wild when I adopted her so I
didn't make a really close examination. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking
to it! I was told by the people who caught her she was a male. So I take
her to the vet, and explain that I want 'him' to have a physical exam,
and, if 'he's' healthy, I want to schedule neutering & vaccinations. The
vet says 'SHE'S a very healthy-looking cat...' and I felt like an idiot!

Cheryl

Old September 16th 04, 07:00 AM
LOL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message ...
I think it can happen to anyone, especially if the cat is a LH.
BTW, my grandmother was a Perkins, maybe we're related?

Tweed

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
It happened to me with Betsy, who was rather wild when I adopted her so I
didn't make a really close examination. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking
to it! I was told by the people who caught her she was a male. So I take
her to the vet, and explain that I want 'him' to have a physical exam,
and, if 'he's' healthy, I want to schedule neutering & vaccinations. The
vet says 'SHE'S a very healthy-looking cat...' and I felt like an idiot!

Cheryl

Oh hey! My grandmother was a Perkins too! Maybe we can have a reunion. :-D
------
Krista