Did I read that correctly?

Old April 7th 04, 06:13 PM
LAL

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:CiWcc.10$fS6.8@okepread01...
You have to wonder what they are thinking. The one that would make sense
would be creating a law that requires those taking in animals must have

them
spayed or neutered.

Greetings...

They already have a "registration fee" that is significantly higher if your
dog/cat is not neutered. Of course, irresponsible owners don't register or
get annual shots. Therefore, they don't pay the fee.

lal
Living in NC, not looking to pay more for cat food for the spoiled rotten
little critters.

Old April 7th 04, 06:43 PM
Mary

"LAL"

They already have a "registration fee" that is significantly higher

if your
dog/cat is not neutered. Of course, irresponsible owners don't

register or
get annual shots. Therefore, they don't pay the fee.

lal
Living in NC, not looking to pay more for cat food for the spoiled

rotten
little critters.

Neither am I, but I am more concerned that the
food tax for humans be repealed. We are one of
only a few states that tax groceries and it hurts the
poor. The bigger issue is that we have a huge
deficit from all the natural disasters (and human
ones) that we've had over the past years, and
it has to be paid for somehow. Alcohol and
cigarettes are already taxed out the wazoo.

Old April 7th 04, 07:24 PM
RobZip

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

Neither am I, but I am more concerned that the
food tax for humans be repealed. We are one of
only a few states that tax groceries.
Alcohol and cigarettes are already taxed out the wazoo.

Would I be correct that NC does not have a personal income tax?

Old April 7th 04, 09:15 PM
Cat Protector

Well I just had an experience today with Maricopa County Animal Control
which makes me wonder how some people even got into animal rescue. I took
Isis down to one of their facilities to get a shot as it was only $10. The
woman at the counter was rude and actually said Isis needed to have a
license before they would even give her a shot. Cats are not required to be
licensed in this state. So, this rude obnoxious woman behind the counter was
going to charge me $25 for a license plus the shot. She should have known
the law regarding cats. I would have stayed there and argued my point but I
decided to just leave. The Humane Society however is a different story.
Their facilities seemed to be better managed and they seem to treat the
public a bit better. I was never a fan of them but now that our station has
a bit of a relationship with AHS now, Isis and Jade will continue to go to
their clinics for shots.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old April 7th 04, 11:07 PM
Mary

"RobZip" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

Neither am I, but I am more concerned that the
food tax for humans be repealed. We are one of
only a few states that tax groceries.
Alcohol and cigarettes are already taxed out the wazoo.

Would I be correct that NC does not have a personal income tax?

Nope. We sure do have a personal income tax.

Old April 8th 04, 12:00 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"LAL"

Living in NC, not looking to pay more for cat food for the spoiled

rotten
little critters.

Neither am I, but I am more concerned that the
food tax for humans be repealed. We are one of
only a few states that tax groceries and it hurts the
poor.

Are all groceries taxed, or certain categories of food?

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon