Anyone's Cat Have Asthma?

Old April 11th 04, 05:22 PM
Linda E

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
From: "Linda E"

"Gail" wrote in message
.. .
At the present time I have been feeding only Iams kitten canned/dry.

The
predominant advice is to feed kittens through one year kitten food,

after
that adult food. My current plan is to switch (smoothly) to an adult

food
which may be less *auto-immune enhancing* (don't know how other to
phrase it). I've been scouring the lists for recommendations ....

Gail

ahhhhhh............ just wondering... I have a cat who has *always* had
breathing "problems"... more like stuffy nose.... occasionally, it seems

get worse, but, she *always* breathes normally at the vet (lungs clear,
too). Sometimes I wonder about allergies, tho must be slight.

Linda

My cat Meesha has asthma. We've been able to control it with a natural
cortisone prescribed by our vet. It's not supposed to have the side

effects
like Prednisone. We are also feeding her a homemade raw diet which seems

to be
helping too. Allergies are hard to diagnose in cats. Maybe your cat has
seasonal allergies, Linda.

Lauren

Could be..... she was really sick a few years ago with cryptococcosis, which
is usually inhaled and a respiratory-type problem... hers had cns
involvement and although she is symptom free for a couple years (unless this
problem is actually a part of it), she still has "signs" of the fungus in
her blood test... After having an ill cat (we also had a scare with a
possible vacc. assoc. carcinoma - turned out to be fat, thank God!!!), I
long to go back to the days when I didn't watch every move, breath, pay
soooo close attention to everything my cats do that might be out of the
ordinary!!

Linda

Old April 11th 04, 06:18 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:22:42 GMT, "Linda E"
wrote:

Could be..... she was really sick a few years ago with cryptococcosis, which
is usually inhaled and a respiratory-type problem... hers had cns
involvement and although she is symptom free for a couple years (unless this
problem is actually a part of it), she still has "signs" of the fungus in
her blood test... After having an ill cat (we also had a scare with a
possible vacc. assoc. carcinoma - turned out to be fat, thank God!!!), I
long to go back to the days when I didn't watch every move, breath, pay
soooo close attention to everything my cats do that might be out of the
ordinary!!

Linda

Oh, boy, I can relate to your last sentence! Ever since I started
reading Usenet and the Internet, I've learned so much that I worry
about every little thing. Makes me wonder how I managed to raise a
cat that made it to 17-1/2 and one who made it to 19 without knowing
very much of anything!

Ginger-lyn

Old April 11th 04, 06:40 PM
Linda E

wrote:

[...]

I know... when I was young, we had animals and barely vetted them.... BUT,
they didn't always live that long either......
Linda

Old April 11th 04, 11:00 PM
Cheryl

"BrandyÂ*Â*Alexandre" dumped this in
s.com on 11 Apr 2004:

BTW, Kami tunred Sweet Sixteen last weekend. Forgot to make the
announcement.

Happy Purrday Kami.

--
Cheryl

Old April 12th 04, 08:16 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:37:57 GMT, "BrandyÂ*Â*Alexandre"
wrote:

You guys all sound like new moms or something. Yes, there is a
frightening myriad of things that can happen to the kitties, but by and
large, they don't happen.

Hardly! Have had 14 cats since 1972 (7 currently). I'm an old-timer!

Ginger-lyn