Wish me luck (OT)

Old August 29th 12, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Wish me luck (OT)

"Lesley" wrote in message

Veyr bittersweet conclusion- I interviewed really well the feedback
was that I was "head and shoulders above the other applicants" and "if
we had decided to make an offer you would have got the job"

Alas halfway through talking about it afterwards the panel realised
they'd done a job description based on the post being suitable for a
medical secretary but it more suited someone with a biomedical
background so they didn't offer the job and will put it out again with
a different person specification

I suppose it's good to get such excellent feedback

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, it's good to get excellent feedback, and it's also good to have some
recent experience in going through the interview process. Someone in that
organization really slipped up when the job description was posted. It
should have been carefully written and then reviewed by at least one other
person before it was listed. The interview process is very stressful for
the applicant, and--in this case--it was a waste of time for those doing the
interview. I'm glad you were at least given honest feedback. I served on a
number of search committees before I retired. I always made direct contact
with every applicant afterwards whenever I served as chair of the committee.
Unfortunately, there are a great many interviewers who do not even bother to
contact applicants. I do understand that that is a time consuming process
(I had 96 applications for the last position when I served as chair), but it
seems to me that common courtesy should dictate that at least a brief letter
or email should be sent.

I got a bit off-topic with part of that paragraph, but I do think the
interview will help you in future interviews. You received very good
feedback, and it should be easier to go through additional interviews now
that you have that one "under your belt." I do realize that you have been
through this before, but it's always good to have some recent "practice."

MaryL

Old August 29th 12, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
Veyr bittersweet conclusion- I interviewed really well the feedback
was that I was "head and shoulders above the other applicants" and "if
we had decided to make an offer you would have got the job"

Alas halfway through talking about it afterwards the panel realised
they'd done a job description based on the post being suitable for a
medical secretary but it more suited someone with a biomedical
background so they didn't offer the job and will put it out again with
a different person specification

I suppose it's good to get such excellent feedback

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

It's good to get any feedback at all. It's been a long time since I went
job-hunting, but the only time I got any sort of feedback was when I got the
job. If I didn't, I never heard anything.

I'm sorry you didn't get it. They sound like a good group to work for.

Joy

Old August 30th 12, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
Veyr bittersweet conclusion- I interviewed really well the feedback
was that I was "head and shoulders above the other applicants" and "if
we had decided to make an offer you would have got the job"

Alas halfway through talking about it afterwards the panel realised
they'd done a job description based on the post being suitable for a
medical secretary but it more suited someone with a biomedical
background so they didn't offer the job and will put it out again with
a different person specification

I suppose it's good to get such excellent feedback

How disappointing for you.
Tweed

Old August 31st 12, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

How disappointing for you.

Tell me about it...the next person to give me a cheery smile and say "You got great feedback be positive!" is positively getting both barrels from me!

Still next Thursday job at a local hospital- no extra money doing the same work I did 6 years ago (Orthopaedics) but the fact I can bus it equals £60+ in fares a month saved not to mention I am sick of the tubes rather a bus journey and with 4 routes from just round the corner to the hospital I shouldn't have too bad a journey

The following Wednesday I have another interview at the place I went Tuesday in another department

And I am still taking seriously the job at work that would keep me at the same band- at the moment on paper it's the best option- would equip me with the skills to get a promotion and after what she said at the meeting about driving supervisory staff out (I am surprised she hasn't been shot down- she admitted they bullied 2 managers and were prepared to bully a 3rd?)I think they must know they couldn't ask me to manage that team

Old August 31st 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

---------
I know very well about being bullied in a public sector job.
I hope you can get a new job that you can enjoy and where they will
appreciate you.
I've never regretted taking early retirement even though money is tight
until next July. I wouldn't go back.
Boyfie & I have a wonderful life now. He loves having me home all the time.
Earlier this year I started a veggie plot and I don't have to buy them now.
I have far too many courgettes (zucchini) atm, and runner beans.
I search the net for recipes. I'll probably make a biryani tomorrow (I have
some mushrooms, plenty rice and lots of spices)
Strictly speaking, runner beans are not included in a biryani but I don't
see why not!
Tweed

Old September 1st 12, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

I'm beginning to think that bullying is normal in the public sector.
However, although I had it for many years in my job in that sector I know
that it's not always so. It depends on the department and the manager in
that dept.

It can be normal if it's not challenged. When I was sent to Occupational
Health and revealed what was happening, my manager got into terrible
trouble.

Enjoy your biryani. Of course there's every reason why runner beans should
be included in a Biryani, they taste so good. Especially fresh picked out
of your own garden. I'm envious! If i ever manage to retire, I'm going to
grow peas. when I put in for it last time, my best friend was so convinced
I'd get it, she included a packet of seeds to grow peas in my birthday
present. Maybe I'll use them next year.

We're having roast pork sandwiches tonight. I don't feel like cooking a
meal but it's so easy to just pop the joint in the oven, mix up some
stuffing and make some gravy. I'm giving myself the night off as Doctor
who starts again tonight.

The biryani was great. Lots of courgettes in there. I didn't put runner
beans in after all.
Enjoy Dr Who.
Tweed

Wish me Luck (OT) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 19 October 25th 08 01:40 AM
Please wish us luck....! Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 23 April 3rd 06 04:33 AM
Wish me Luck! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 14 January 25th 06 08:34 AM
Please wish me luck...... Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 14 June 16th 05 12:37 PM
Wish me luck. Don & Lisa Cat anecdotes 21 June 23rd 04 11:49 AM