Poorly Polly & TED visit

Old August 20th 03, 05:27 AM
Byron & Christine Burel

Omgosh, Shirley, I hope it's not too late to send our very best healing
purrs for Polly to recover without more vet visits!Please let us know.
Christien
"Shirley" wrote in message
I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
queue panic mode , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
major panic mode. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
during her exam to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
rummage around my chest area to do the exam.

Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort poor
baby so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
enormously.

--
Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
see my cats at

Old August 20th 03, 10:17 AM
badwilson

Poor Polly, I'm sorry to hear that. Purrs and headbutts for her to feel
better soon. Please keep us posted.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old August 20th 03, 03:05 PM
dsh-diva

On 20 Aug 2003 04:17:11 -0500, "badwilson"
wrote:

Poor Polly, I'm sorry to hear that. Purrs and headbutts for her to feel
better soon. Please keep us posted.

Purrs from me and my girls. Feel better soon!!
Jennie, Xena and Callisto
Old August 20th 03, 05:36 PM
Adrian

Shirley wrote:
[...]

Major purrs that Polly will soon be better, what a scarey experiance.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old August 20th 03, 06:15 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:51:07 -0600, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
find lots of them MLB

Brando's strictly an indoor cat, but there are certainly buggles that
get in here. Had a huge horsefly in here recently, so it's certainly
possible (although Merlyn holds the Great Hunter of Buggles title
around here).

Ginger-lyn
PS He seems to be fine, so still no idea what happened