Amber at age 15

Old July 15th 05, 03:57 AM
MaryL

Default Amber at age 15

I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a picture of
Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was a dear, sweet,
gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before* I adopted her. We
had many good years together, and she lived to age 16. I thought some of
you might like to see a picture of her -- she was also a truly gorgeous cat.
She obviously had some Siamese and I would guess some Persian (and looked
very much like a flame-point Balinese).
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

Old July 15th 05, 04:03 AM
Jo Firey

I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a picture
of Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was a dear, sweet,
gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before* I adopted her. We
had many good years together, and she lived to age 16. I thought some of
you might like to see a picture of her -- she was also a truly gorgeous
cat. She obviously had some Siamese and I would guess some Persian (and
looked very much like a flame-point Balinese).
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

What a lovely girl. Such a shame that someone didn't see fit to let a cat
be a cat and chose to maim her.

I really don't understand someone deciding they want a cat. But not one
with claws.

And even that isn't enough for them so they dump them off for someone else
to care for.

So glad you found each other.

Jo

Old July 15th 05, 04:16 AM
Helen Wheels

MaryL wrote:
I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a picture of
Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was a dear, sweet,
gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before* I adopted her. We
had many good years together, and she lived to age 16. I thought some of
you might like to see a picture of her -- she was also a truly gorgeous cat.
She obviously had some Siamese and I would guess some Persian (and looked
very much like a flame-point Balinese).
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

She was a knockout beauty all right.

I'll never understand the claw removal thing. To me, the combination of
sharp claws and teeth surrounded by furry softness is one of the things
that makes cats such lovely and fascinating creatures.

Old July 15th 05, 04:17 AM
jmcquown

MaryL wrote:
I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a
picture of Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was
a dear, sweet,
gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before* I adopted her.
We
had many good years together, and she lived to age 16. I thought
some of
you might like to see a picture of her -- she was also a truly
gorgeous cat. She obviously had some Siamese and I would guess some
Persian (and looked
very much like a flame-point Balinese).

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

She was just beautiful.

Jill

Old July 15th 05, 04:22 AM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:57:37 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER yodeled:

I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a picture of
Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was a dear, sweet,
gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before* I adopted her. We
had many good years together, and she lived to age 16. I thought some of
you might like to see a picture of her -- she was also a truly gorgeous cat.
She obviously had some Siamese and I would guess some Persian (and looked
very much like a flame-point Balinese).
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

WOW! She was a stunner.

Theresa
Old July 15th 05, 04:52 AM
dopekitty

MaryL wrote:
I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a picture of
Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was a dear, sweet,
gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before* I adopted her. We
had many good years together, and she lived to age 16. I thought some of
you might like to see a picture of her -- she was also a truly gorgeous cat.
She obviously had some Siamese and I would guess some Persian (and looked
very much like a flame-point Balinese).
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

What a lovely kitty she was. You're very lucky to have known her

Kristy
Old July 15th 05, 12:23 PM
Adrian

MaryL wrote:
I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a
picture of Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was
a dear, sweet, gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before*
I adopted her. We had many good years together, and she lived to age
16. I thought some of you might like to see a picture of her -- she
was also a truly gorgeous cat. She obviously had some Siamese and I
would guess some Persian (and looked very much like a flame-point
Balinese).

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

She was a beautiful little thing. How sad that someone mutilated her.

Old July 15th 05, 12:41 PM
Wendy

I just posted a message in h+b about declawing, and I looked up a picture
of Amber (RB) at age 15 to post with the message. Amber was a dear, sweet,
gentle cat and she had been four-paw declawed *before* I adopted her. We
had many good years together, and she lived to age 16. I thought some of
you might like to see a picture of her -- she was also a truly gorgeous
cat. She obviously had some Siamese and I would guess some Persian (and
looked very much like a flame-point Balinese).
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...4916&members=1
- or - you could use this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/a5tpn

MaryL

Beautiful cat! It's a sin that someone maimed her.

Has anyone noticed certain types of material that seem to just ask to be
scratched? A couple of years ago I replaced my carpeting. The old carpeting
was polyester and the cats had never bothered it. The new carpet was nylon
and my one cat thought I had bought him a whole room scratcher. He turned
his nose up at his old carpet covered steps (so he'd have horizontal and
vertical surfaces) that he's happily been using for years and went to town
in the living room. He passed before I figured out why and how to stop it
and have wondered ever since what set him off. Smell? Texture? The material?
I have a big cat tree that all the cats seem to enjoy but now my Boots has
started showing an interest in the same dang carpet. Frankly at this point
I'm ready to call it a total loss but am afraid to replace it without
knowing what the attraction is.

Old July 15th 05, 01:39 PM
Karen

in article , Wendy at

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...2364916&member
[...]

generally it *seems* to be texture that attracts them, but maybe there is
smell involved too?