purrs for Angus please

Old September 30th 03, 03:52 AM
Sam Nash

"Debra Berry" wrote in message

Angus is a sweet black kitten that I fostered for quite
a while. He made it through URIs, eye infections, and
ringworm. He was healthy and ready for a home until
last night when he couldn't get up. His back legs aren't
working. We think it could be a saddle thrombus by
the symptoms. He went to the emergency vet last night and
is at the cardiologist's office now.

I hope it is something that can be helped. He is only 4 1/2
months old and such a sweet kitten. I hope I get news about
him soon and that it is good news. Please purr, pray, and
think positive thoughts for him.

Debbie Berry

Purrs for Angus on the way.
Sam

Old September 30th 03, 04:55 AM
Marina

"Debra Berry" wrote

I hope it is something that can be helped. He is only 4 1/2
months old and such a sweet kitten. I hope I get news about
him soon and that it is good news. Please purr, pray, and
think positive thoughts for him.

Many purrs and healing vibes from us to Angus. Poor baby.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old September 30th 03, 08:28 AM

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Debra Berry wrote:

I just heard
more about Angus. The cardiologist said that
it didn't appear to be his heart, which is where
the blood clot comes in saddle thrombus. The
vet suggested that it might be neurological, possibly
distemper.

I hope that what he has is treatable and that he turns out to be OK!

Joyce
Old September 30th 03, 11:37 AM
Phil P.

"Debra Berry" wrote in message

Angus is a sweet black kitten that I fostered for quite
a while. He made it through URIs, eye infections, and
ringworm. He was healthy and ready for a home until
last night when he couldn't get up. His back legs aren't
working. We think it could be a saddle thrombus by
the symptoms. He went to the emergency vet last night and
is at the cardiologist's office now.

I hope it is something that can be helped. He is only 4 1/2
months old and such a sweet kitten. I hope I get news about
him soon and that it is good news. Please purr, pray, and
think positive thoughts for him.

Debbie,

Although its possible, I think he's way too young to develop a saddle
thrombus. Were his rear paws cold or cool or were his nail beds cyanotic or
pale? Did he cry out?

Was he checked for a urinary tract blockage -- which can also produce rear
limb weakness and/or stupor.

My best wishes for Angus.

Phil.

Old September 30th 03, 07:02 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:02:29 -0400, Debra Berry
wrote:

Thank you so much for your purrs. I just heard
more about Angus. The cardiologist said that
it didn't appear to be his heart, which is where
the blood clot comes in saddle thrombus. The
vet suggested that it might be neurological, possibly
distemper. Angus has been fostered with his 5
siblings for 3 months now and has not been exposed
to other kittens. His foster mother said that he
did get a distemper shot yesterday and the vet is
going to check into this and see if it could be a
reaction to the vaccine.

I'm hoping that it is just a temporary thing. I'm
flying to San Diego for a week starting on Fri
and won't be around to help out.

Has anyone else had experience with this kind of thing?
Please keep purring.

Debbie Berry

Purrs that Angus will be fine soon.

I had an odd experience with one of my cats one time. Probably isn't
true in Angus' situation, but you never know. I was hosting a bardic
circle in my home, and my elderly cat, Tiki, suddenly could not move
her back legs. The circle got moved to someone else's home who lived
very close, and we rushed Tiki into the emergency vet. The diagnosis
was hysterical paralysis, which was temporary. Apparently, she just
got freaked out by too many strange people (and a handicapped person
with a helper dog) around. I'll never know for sure. But in a matter
of hours, she was fine.

Best of luck,

Ginger-lyn

Purrs for Bootygirl Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 21 September 7th 03 08:51 AM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM