Update: KFC

Old February 11th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Update: KFC

Just going through my 4596 unread posts to find a few to delete and I
noticed this. You are very insightful, Lee. I think you hit the nail right
on the head.
However I have some news. I waited 6 weeks in this stand-off with no
communication. I debated with myself over what to do. I wondered if I
still wanted her as a friend and could forgive her doubtful dog ethic -
which surprised and shocked me- versus the hole in my life.
So, with no intention whatsoever of apologising, I sent a brief e-mail to
ask her if she still wanted to be friends. She does. She said we better
not talk about it our mega-disagreement, perhaps it's not British. I know
exactly what she means about this.
However I said we will need to talk about it at some point but not yet as we
are both too sensitive about it.
At an early stage in our friendship we decided we must get The War out of
the way so we discussed it ad infinitum. I was surprised to find how
ashamed she was about it even though she was not born then. She is German
and I am English. If we can do that, we can do this. Might take a while to
get back the trust but we are taking it gradually, neither wanting to lose a
great friendship for losing our temper a bit and being too proud to admit
it.
Maybe Annie's wonderful NDN songs for me not to lose my friend took a while
to work ;-)

Tweed

"Stormmee" wrote in message
she does know you are right, and honestly that is probably what is
upsetting
her, Lee
Christina Websell wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
That is true. I was and am very touched and feel blessed when Annie
sings for me.
Resolute silence from the internet, still, from my friend.
Maybe she got all she wanted from me. A few trips to England,
expenses
paid, a lot of coaching in English over 5 years and her excuse to say
goodbye when I challenged her about why she seems to be going towards
being a puppy farmer.
I am gutted by being called "arrogant and rude"
Am I? Maybe I am. I do have firm views which I sometimes post, is

that
arrogant and rude?

I'm so sorry to read about this, Tweed. You two seemed to get on so
very
well, and she seemed like such a nice person. You have strong views and
you're not shy about expressing them. That's not rude and arrogant, but

if
she has set her heart on something and can't see your take on the

matter,
she will interpret your behaviour as rude and arrogant. I hope, in
time,
she will think things through and come to see your viewpoint.

I hope she does. I truly can't understand why she thinks I am not
telling
her good advice via far more experience than she has, as a friend. Ah,
well. She will have to just stew in her own juice when it all goes

wrong.
I have 30 years of practical experience and she has 3 mainly through the
internet and hers is better than mine.
This is so upsetting. We have been great friends for 5 years.
This is the second time she went ape****, and last time it was me that
apologised when it was not my fault. I won't do it again.

I am a good friend to have, frankly. I still have all my friends from 20
years ago.
I am sad if we fall about about this but I know I am right and so does

she.
(not!)

Tweed

Old February 12th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

if you are meant to be friends it will work out... you have no idea how
scared I was when I read the subject line for this... was fearing the worst
for KFC, I am so glad it wasn't about her and I am pleased for you that you
are both attempting to repair the friendship, Lee

Old February 12th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

That is wonderful news. It would be terrible to lose a good friend over
one disagreement, even if it's a big one. I hope you find a way through
this.

JOyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 15th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Sorry, I did not mean to scare you. I promise to start a new thread if
there is anything to say about Kitty's health. She is still doing quite
well, ate quite a bit today, demands at least one bowl of lactose-free milk
with cream stirred in daily. I'm glad I found that stuff. She loves it and
with the cream in I think it prevents her losing weight with her CRF on/off
appetite. She is still perky.
As for the friendship, yes, we are both working to repair it. She did say
to me once "I hope Germans will not be too rude for a Brit" before I went to
visit her. So, her friend, who has a canoe, canoe-d us (I know it's not a
word..) all round Hamburg on the river. It was lovleh ;-) When we got
back to the big shed thingie where she keeps her canoe parked up, there was
a chap there who was tending to his superior canoe. My German is not good
but I could tell that what he was saying was negative to Ushi who had taken
me out for for a little canoe trip. I didn't even have to paddle it myself!
as N was paddling in the front and Ushi at the back so I just sat there
enjoying it.
What he apparently said was " Your canoe is cheap rubbish compared with
mine, are you poor, or something?" in 10,000 words.
OMG, how rude is that?
I was surprised that he escaped without harm when I found out, but
apparently it's fairly normal there.
So yes, Germans can be very rude as perceived by a Brit.

Tweed

Old February 15th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
That is wonderful news. It would be terrible to lose a good friend over
one disagreement, even if it's a big one. I hope you find a way through
this.

I think we will. We both know how important this friendship is. How many
people would be prepared (when we only met on a poultry ng in 01) to come
over to help me when my mother was found dead in 03? On the bus from
Germany. No flying.
I said no at first but I was glad she insisted. She was a wonderful comfort
to me at that time.

Tweed

Old February 15th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

That is wonderful news. It would be terrible to lose a good friend over
one disagreement, even if it's a big one. I hope you find a way through
this.

I think we will. We both know how important this friendship is. How many
people would be prepared (when we only met on a poultry ng in 01) to come
over to help me when my mother was found dead in 03? On the bus from
Germany. No flying.
I said no at first but I was glad she insisted. She was a wonderful comfort
to me at that time.

She certainly does sound like a keeper!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 15th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It sounds like he was trying to compensate for a shortfall in another
department. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 15th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Adrian" wrote in
om:

It sounds like he was trying to compensate for a shortfall in another
department. ;-)

You suspect he had oar envy?

Old February 15th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Outsider wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in
om:

It sounds like he was trying to compensate for a shortfall in another
department. ;-)

You suspect he had oar envy?

If that's what you want to call it. ;-)