shock to the system

Old June 9th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default shock to the system

I went back to work today. Oh, that alarm clock! I'd almost forgotten what
it sounded
like.
Boyfriend was still out when I got up at 7, he'd got used to 9 a.m.
breakfast too. He heard me switch the radio on, though, so he soon came in.
He seemed a bit surprised, like "are you sure you know what time it is?" ;-)
He always used to make sure I got up for work by meowing at my bedroom door
if I was not up by 7.10, although I never heard a squeak out of him at
weekends.
He also seemed to know that I didn't need waking up when I came home from
hospital, he never said a word.
He's amazing.

Tweed

Old June 9th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

stormmee wakes DH if his alarm goes off and he doesn't immediately rise... i
know she hates the sound, but i also know it has nothing to do with food as
they are free fed... it totally has to do with her wanting attention, and if
she wakes him after the alarm she gets big praise, she doesn't just love him
she is IN LOVE with him,

Old June 9th 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
I went back to work today. Oh, that alarm clock! I'd almost forgotten what
it sounded
like.
Boyfriend was still out when I got up at 7, he'd got used to 9 a.m.
breakfast too. He heard me switch the radio on, though, so he soon came in.
He seemed a bit surprised, like "are you sure you know what time it is?" ;-)
He always used to make sure I got up for work by meowing at my bedroom door
if I was not up by 7.10, although I never heard a squeak out of him at
weekends.
He also seemed to know that I didn't need waking up when I came home from
hospital, he never said a word.
He's amazing.

Tweed

Were your coworkers glad to see you? Did they have plenty of work
saved for you? How did it feel to be "back in the harness"?
Old June 9th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message

Were your coworkers glad to see you? Did they have plenty of work saved
for you? How did it feel to be "back in the harness"?

Yes, they all seemed very glad to see me. Yes, there was plenty of work
saved for me, it will take around 6 weeks to catch up. My manager promised
this would not be the case but she lied ;-)
Back in the harness? I can't pretend I wouldn't prefer not to work. I love
being at home, but none of us will get fed otherwise

Tweed

..