Does Your Vet...

Old April 12th 12, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Does Your Vet...

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:01:43 -0500, "MaryL"
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Although Boyfie loves dry food, he is only allowed a little sprinkle of it
before bedtime, only because he loves it so much. I think he might have
eaten dry food exclusively in his previous life.
I feed him on wet food without grains too and with no added sugars. There
are lots of added sugars in wet food if you examine the labels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
True. That's a good point. There is no added sugar in the canned food I
use. The only treats they get (small amounts every few days) is
freeze-dried chicken with no additives.

MaryL

Well I'd better check the labels. Right now the only thing two of my
cats will eat is Weruva Chicken. It's damn expensive so it better be
good for them. I also give them Kirkland dry food which I'm sure is
not so good for them but they love it. And Temptations at bed time. I
KNOW that can't be good for them. Kitty Krack.

Is it ethical to give outside cats food that you won't give your own
cats? I feed the outside ones various Friskees canned foods and the
Kirkland dry food.

Old April 12th 12, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Apr 12, 8:17*am, dgk wrote:

Is it ethical to give outside cats food that you won't give your own
cats? I feed the outside ones various Friskees canned foods and the
Kirkland dry food.

I;m pretty sure cats don't worry about ethics- they're just glad of a
good meal if they start turning their noses up at it you may have to
reconsider the menu

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 22nd 12, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

there is no vet i could possibly like enough to not be with my cat during
exams/procedures, the only exceptions are blood draws Lee
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Let you in the exam room with your cat? Persia's vet in Tennessee did.

The only exception was when she was microchipped. The vet took her in the
back, ostensibly to weigh her. When he came back he said the deed was
done, she's chipped. He didn't want me to watch because he said the size
of the needle freaks some pet-parents out. (It's about the size of the
end of a ball-point pen.)

Otherwise, I was in the room, able to comfort her while she was being
poked and prodded.

Her vet in South Carolina makes you sit in the waiting room while they do
whatever it is they're doing. I don't like that. I want to be with my
baby to reassure her. Don't get me wrong, I like this vet very much.
She's saavy and she diagnosed the hyperthyroidism pretty quickly and
immediately went into action. When it turned out Persia was allergic to
Tapazole (Methimazole) she found the clinic for me for radioactive isotope
therapy and arranged everything. So yes, I like her. But for routine
exams I'd really like to be in the room with Persia.

I buy her R/x food from a different vet, closer to me. I've noticed all
the pet-parents there are sitting in the waiting room, too.

Does your vet let you come into the exam room with your cat(s)?

Jill