repercussions of the drop kerb

Old March 20th 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default repercussions of the drop kerb

well they tried to park on the tiny bit that isn't, next to my left hand
neighbour (they are the right hand ones) and it interferes with her getting
her car out.
Well, she went ape****. Let's just say she told them very firmly not to park
there, and never to even put one millimetre of their car over my drop kerb
because it was illegal, but to park in front of their own house. Always.

That worked really well! And I never had to say a word.

But I will have to, quite soon. About get the end of your wall out of my
garden.
I thought I would wait a month, but I will probably do it sooner. I will
wait until I see her outside and say "can I have a word about the wall?"

She will be expecting I will agree to their 6ft 6 inch wall in front of my
window when I say this but I will be saying "get every inch of your wall out
of my garden within a month or see me in court."

They made a big mistake, trying to block me in to make me agree to their
wall.
No way Jose.
It made me even more determined.

Tweed

Old March 20th 12, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

On Mar 19, 9:14*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Good for you! (and your neighbor!)
Old March 20th 12, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

-----
this will be difficult and I'm not looking forward to it.
However, I have to do what I have to do.

Old March 20th 12, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
trubble

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 02:14:20 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

In my part of the world, you can't park within 3 FEET (about a meter) of
a driveway apron (drop kerb).

I used to have trouble with my neighbors parking so close (illegally
close) to my driveway that I had a hard time getting out of my driveway.

They parked two FEET past the end of the drop kerb (2 feet INTO my
driveway, so 5 feet too close) during a snowstorm once, and I BURIED
their car in snow. You couldn't even see the car; just a HUGE pile of
snow. I even packed snow under the car.

They called the Police to complain about what I did to their car, and
the cop put a parking ticket on THEIR CAR, because it was illegally
parked. The cop had to dig a hole through the snow to attach it to the
windshield wiper LOL.

I had called the Police at least a dozen times, to complain about the
car, or cars, that made it nearly impossible to get out of my driveway,
and they NEVER came.

I guess they wanted to see the buried car. I did do a VERY thorough job.
Hee hee.
Old March 20th 12, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

IMHO Rather than a personal confrontation, a certified or registered letter might be better. Be sure to keep as copy and the postal receipts with the copy. In case

you ever need legal evidence of the order, you will be prepared. Just a
thought that might help. MLB

Old March 20th 12, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

trubble wrote:

In my part of the world, you can't park within 3 FEET (about a meter) of
a driveway apron (drop kerb).

In mine, too! If it's a quiet residential neighborhood, you may not
have a lot of cops patrolling the area, but a few phone calls to draw
police attention will generally do the trick.
Old March 21st 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

That's quite a good idea. I will definitely consider it.

Old March 21st 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

trubble wrote:

In my part of the world, you can't park within 3 FEET (about a meter) of
a driveway apron (drop kerb).

In mine, too! If it's a quiet residential neighborhood, you may not have
a lot of cops patrolling the area, but a few phone calls to draw police
attention will generally do the trick.

They've got the idea about the drop kerb stopping them forcing me to let
them build their wall.
The difficult thing will be "demolish the part of your wall that is
trespassing over into my garden"

However, I will attempt to win this. They have enraged me about this, by
being so confident that they already built part of it on my land.
It's outrageous and I intend to make them take it down to within their
boundary.. whether to ask firmly or skip this part and go legal I haven't
decided.
They are very unlikely to win as their house was once part of a larger plot
and I still have the fence going down my garden past theirs that has been
there for 25+ years and they are over the boundary by nearly 3 feet.
I do know why they tried it. They cannot get a car down to their garage, and
neither can they get to the side of it if it need repairs.
As they said, when I wanted to get my car out "bad luck you're having now!"
Am I bad to say the same?

Old March 21st 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

After what they put you through, no, you're not bad to say that. However,
it doesn't seem like a wise thing to do. As you've said, you want to come
out looking like the reasonable, civilized party in this conflict. So I
guess that means biting your tongue when it's so tempting to throw it right
back in their faces.

But you're free to think that thought as much as you like.

--
Joyce

A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old March 21st 12, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

There are two things that they can do. get the f/k your wall out of my
garden or go to court. I'm sick of them.
They made me pay so much money for my drop kerb. Bad idea.
I never will be forced by anyone who thinks they might have more money than
me /
And that's what they are relying on.

Pfff. Like I am afraid of them. No. I think not.

Tweed