Driving back from the supermarket today

Old April 21st 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Driving back from the supermarket today

Through a little industrial estate, a cat popped his head out between two
parked cars and was about to cross in front of me. I stopped to let him,
despite two cars behind me and when he did I saw that he was quite thin, and
if I ever saw a wandering unneutered tomcat, that was one.
However much I wanted to get out of my car and grab him to neuter him and
change his life, I didn't. Because maybe he was like KFC, he had a good
home and had kidney failure that was being treated and that's why he was
thin and he doesn't want anyone to snatch him from the street. I have no
evidence that he was a wandering tom with all his equipment intact, but he
sure looked like one.
He had almost the same markings as Boyfriend, and didn't look in the first
flush of youth so maybe there was a very active tabby boy in the
neighbourhood 9 or 10 years ago.
He was thin.
He seemed OK and went about his business after I stopped my car so I didn't
run over him. I might have killed him so easily as he was about to run out
in front of my car.
I cannot imagine how I would feel if I killed a cat even accidentally.

Tweed

Old April 21st 12, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years ago (when I was only about 12 years old), our minister killed our cat
in our own driveway. I can still remember my little sister standing there
with tears streaming down her face, and the minister was devastated. There
really wasn't any way he could avoid it. He did not actually run over the
cat; instead, the cat came bounding out and hit the *side* of the tire. But
it was still heartbreaking to all of us, and our minister felt just as I
know you were describing.

MaryL

Old April 21st 12, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
[...]

Do you pass through that estate often, if so (or even if you don't) could
you go there and ask around to find out if the cat needs help. That dash
might, after all, be a sign.

Yes, I do pass through there often, but there are no houses there to ask
about him.
If I see him again, wandering so thin like he was, I might try and catch
him. He did look like a elderly boy who should have been introduced to the
vet to be neutered a long time ago. Or maybe he is lost, but he did not
give me that impression at all. He knew where he was and where he was
going. but he was so, so thin. Not slim.
So what to do if I see him again? Catch him or what? Maybe he is a very
loved CRF cat like KFC was and got out accidentally, or maybe he is an old
chap who never got neutered who got thin from continually going out chasing
the girls.
My money is on option 2.

A friend of ours, was backing his car out of his drive going to work, wife
and 2 kids waving him off when their cat ran under the back wheels. I need
say no more except that they now have a dog.

I worry about hitting anything animal but I, like most people have to
drive. I do stop if there's something in the road, oh.... and I make DH
stop too.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old April 21st 12, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I am waiting for a new cat and I want this boy if he is lost
he only has to come 750 yards or so to be here, to change his life for the
better.
He will rid be of his err, nuptial things and be happy, looking at ratties
and having a duvet.
He was so thin, but maybe he was a CRF kitty who got out,. who knows?

Old April 21st 12, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:

He seemed OK and went about his business after I stopped my car so I didn't
run over him. I might have killed him so easily as he was about to run out
in front of my car.
I cannot imagine how I would feel if I killed a cat even accidentally.

Tweed

I still remember the time (many years ago, now) that I hit one with my
car! It ran off, and I couldn't find it in the dark when I'd stopped
the car and went looking for it. Hopefully it wasn't injured badly, but
I definitely felt the wheels hit it. (I can't imagine a more sickening
sensation.)
Old April 21st 12, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

He seemed OK and went about his business after I stopped my car so I
didn't run over him. I might have killed him so easily as he was about
to run out in front of my car.
I cannot imagine how I would feel if I killed a cat even accidentally.

Tweed

I still remember the time (many years ago, now) that I hit one with my
car! It ran off, and I couldn't find it in the dark when I'd stopped the
car and went looking for it. Hopefully it wasn't injured badly, but I
definitely felt the wheels hit it. (I can't imagine a more sickening
sensation.)

Fortunately, I missed running him over.
I hope he appears at my house. I have a vacancy for a stinky unneutered boy
that no-one wants. I do.

Old April 21st 12, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know you have been waiting for a new cat, and I hope this will be "the
one." It sounds like he could use a good home and loving care.

MaryL

Old April 22nd 12, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Apr 21, 12:20*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
..
So what to do if I see him again? *Catch him or what? *Maybe he is a very
loved CRF cat like KFC was and got out accidentally, or maybe he is an old
chap who never got neutered who got thin from continually going out chasing
the girls.

If you see him again you catch him if he's a much loved CRF cat who
got out then he needs to be in and I am sure you'll post "lost cat"
posters etc and if he does have a doting family they'll be glad he was
taken in and not left outside when they find him. If he's an old chap
then he will have a very happy retirement with you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 22nd 12, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Apr 21, 1:10*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
..
He will rid be of his err, nuptial things

LOL! I've heard them called many things but that's a new one!

Old April 22nd 12, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 04/21/2012 11:27 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

IMHO you should think twice ab

out "grabbing" a strange cat. Scratches can be deadly. Instead, try
wooing it with kibble over a few days and ghen see if it appears to be
friendly.
Also consider hjow a strange male cat might affect your Boyfriend. MLB