OLIVER HAS BEEN FOUND!!! WAS: Oliver is missing

Old April 5th 04, 04:13 AM
Margaret Fine

Default OLIVER HAS BEEN FOUND!!! WAS: Oliver is missing

My little boy has been found! I am so happy!! Thank you for all the purrs!

My sister-in-law and her family were here visiting for the weekend and
picking up some furniture that we were giving them. My husband and
brother-in-law had moved our buffet so they could move out a large sofa.
Oliver must have been exploring behind the buffet and when the boys
moved it back they trapped him under it. There is a very small spot
under there that we had no idea existed. Steve and our dog Boone had
gone out to see if they could find him one more time and I was sitting
in the dining room when I thought I heard his faint cries. I looked
every where and just couldn't tell if the cries were real or I was
imagining them. After I heard them again I finally decided he had been
trapped in the wall some how. I was just thinking about getting a
hammer and doing some dry wall removal when I heard him meow very
plaintively (I swear that it sounded like Ooouuttt)and I saw the tip of
one paw wave at me. The space under there is so small he couldn't stand
up and was trapped flat. He was under there for 7 hours.

My husband and brother-in-law feel both elated and awful at the same
time. Oliver seems no worse for wear and Meowmie needs a drink!

Thanks again for all the purrs. They worked!
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:57 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 03:13:47 GMT, Margaret Fine
wrote:

[...]

Glad he's free, and not lost after all. I was too late signing on to
offer any purrs from the gang here. When I saw the first message I
scrolled down and found the found message - wish all lost posts had
such happy, and quick, endings.

Anyway, glad to hear he was found and freed, and calming purrs for the
worried family who spent so much time in frantic search.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 5th 04, 05:01 AM
Margaret Fine

lrulan wrote:
oh my god. I NEED A DRINK TOO!
We are so happy Oliver has been found. Poor baby, he must have been scared
to death. Please give him tons of loving tonight.
Jazz & his mama

He is getting all he can handle!! Funny thing is that he is very
nonchalant about the whole thing and has gone back under there when my
husband pulled the buffet out to make sure Oliver didn't soil under
there. Silly boy! I am just so happy that he is safe!

Thanks again!!

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 05:39 AM
Dan M

My little boy has been found! I am so happy!! Thank you for all the
purrs!

All right!

Old April 5th 04, 05:44 AM
Sherry

My husband and brother-in-law feel both elated and awful at the same
time. Oliver seems no worse for wear and Meowmie needs a drink!

Thanks again for all the purrs. They worked!
--

Yay!! That's great news. Don't beat yourself up over it...I shut a cat in a
drawer for hours once.

Sherry
Old April 5th 04, 09:28 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Glad he's back, safe and well.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 5th 04, 11:11 AM
Lisa Katt

Cats!

Happy to hear it all ended well.
Purrs for your poor nerves.
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old April 5th 04, 02:38 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 03:13:47 GMT, Margaret Fine
yodeled:

[...]

Oh poor little fellow-- thank goodness he's safe.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 5th 04, 02:51 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 04:01:15 GMT, Margaret Fine
yodeled:

lrulan wrote:
oh my god. I NEED A DRINK TOO!
We are so happy Oliver has been found. Poor baby, he must have been scared
to death. Please give him tons of loving tonight.
Jazz & his mama

He is getting all he can handle!! Funny thing is that he is very
nonchalant about the whole thing and has gone back under there when my
husband pulled the buffet out to make sure Oliver didn't soil under
there. Silly boy! I am just so happy that he is safe!

They are such little goofballs, aren't they? Stinky is obsessed with
a little storage closet in the living room, he always leaps into it as
soon as we open the door, and tries to wedge himself behind the
shelves. You'd think the Kitty Treasure of the Sierra Madre was back
there.

Old April 5th 04, 03:32 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Weeble does that too! Only it's the bedroom closet, and he goes to the
other side and waits for us to open that door & get him out!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©