We survived

Old April 3rd 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default We survived

Tornado sirens went off three times in three hours (which indicates a funnel
cloud was spotted) and the thunder and lightening were horrendous, but all
is well here for now. Persia hid in the closet and I though briefly about
joining her (there's a pillow and a comforter in there) but hey, if it's
gonna getcha, it's gonna getcha. No sounds of freight trains and it looks
like the nasty storm front has moved on past. I'm having a glass of wine
now. Persia is rolling around on her crackle sack (she loves that thing!).
Peaches is busy ringing her bell toys. All is right in our world

Jill

Old April 3rd 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Tornado sirens went off three times in three hours (which indicates a funnel
cloud was spotted) and the thunder and lightening were horrendous, but all
is well here for now. Persia hid in the closet and I though briefly about
joining her (there's a pillow and a comforter in there) but hey, if it's
gonna getcha, it's gonna getcha. No sounds of freight trains and it looks
like the nasty storm front has moved on past. I'm having a glass of wine
now. Persia is rolling around on her crackle sack (she loves that thing!).
Peaches is busy ringing her bell toys. All is right in our world

Jill

Glad to hear that all is well there, and nothing happened. I hope that
is true in all areas around you. Does Persia or Peaches show any type
of advance warning before these warnings occur? You would think they
might. Especially Peaches as you would think birds as flying animals
would be most sensitive to tornado's and the like and take cover - not
actually sure a bird could do or where they would go however.
Old April 3rd 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Glad to hear that you and Persia and Peaches are all okay, Jill. Scary
day, by the sound of it!

Now I remember why I haven't moved away from Earthquake country....
Stay safe!

Melissa

Old April 3rd 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
Glad to hear that you and Persia and Peaches are all okay, Jill. Scary
day, by the sound of it!

Now I remember why I haven't moved away from Earthquake country....
Stay safe!

Melissa

LOL there are earthquakes here, too. I live on the second largest fault
line in the US (the New Madrid). The only thing we don't have are
hurricanes.

Jill

Old April 3rd 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

rrb wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

No advance warning. Persia hides whenever there is thunder and Peaches
couldn't care less. Sorry!

Jill

Old April 3rd 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Tornado sirens went off three times in three hours (which indicates a
funnel cloud was spotted) and the thunder and lightening were
horrendous, but all is well here for now. Persia hid in the closet
and I though briefly about joining her (there's a pillow and a
comforter in there) but hey, if it's gonna getcha, it's gonna getcha.
No sounds of freight trains and it looks like the nasty storm front
has moved on past. I'm having a glass of wine now. Persia is
rolling around on her crackle sack (she loves that thing!). Peaches
is busy ringing her bell toys. All is right in our world

Jill

I'm glad you're all OK.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 3rd 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Glad to hear you're ok. Tennessee had a bad night last night.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 3rd 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:45:07 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Tornado sirens went off three times in three hours (which indicates a funnel
cloud was spotted) and the thunder and lightening were horrendous, but all
is well here for now. Persia hid in the closet and I though briefly about
joining her (there's a pillow and a comforter in there) but hey, if it's
gonna getcha, it's gonna getcha. No sounds of freight trains and it looks
like the nasty storm front has moved on past. I'm having a glass of wine
now. Persia is rolling around on her crackle sack (she loves that thing!).
Peaches is busy ringing her bell toys. All is right in our world

Jill

Glad you're all okay, Jill.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)

OT PRAYERS NEEDED NMR Cat anecdotes 30 January 5th 06 07:02 PM
The Gulf Will Rise Again - John Grisham Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 0 October 2nd 05 07:45 PM
Well, the squirrel survived... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 December 19th 04 10:46 PM
We've survived so far. OT but WTH you're used to that from me Cap'n Pine Cone esq. Cat anecdotes 51 July 18th 04 09:34 PM