The Jellicle Ball - a proposal

Old October 15th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Yowie

Default The Jellicle Ball - a proposal

Hi Kitteez

Please excuse this here hoomin typing in hoomin, she isn't very gud at
propper cat langwidge.

Once when all the cat groups were just RPC, we all used to remember RB cats
around the Halloween period. With the split 10 or so years ago, RPCC now has
the Jellicle ball, and in past years RPCA has had a roll of honour, but but
both have had the same format - cat name, house of hoomin name.

I know RPCA and RPCC don't tend to crosspost much, but we have a large
crossover of members and of course, the loves of our lives, our kitties.

What would RPCC folks think of sharing the Jellicle Ball call with RPCA
(I'll also be checking with RPCA)

Yowie (sekretary for Pickle, Suki & Shadow and previously for Shmoggleberry
who went to RB last year)

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old October 15th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
HRH Cleopatra Silvercat

What would RPCC folks think of sharing the Jellicle Ball call with RPCA
(I'll also be checking with RPCA)

Yowie (sekretary for Pickle, Suki & Shadow and previously for
Shmoggleberry who went to RB last year)

Yowie, the Walk of Remembrance and the Calling of Names has traditionally
been Mietze's labor of love. I personally think that would be an
excellent idea, as does my human (I still support the idea in spite of
his liking it). I would say the primary kitty to check with would be
Mietze, or her human.

Cleopatra
Old October 15th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

HRH Cleopatra Silvercat wrote:
What would RPCC folks think of sharing the Jellicle Ball call with RPCA
(I'll also be checking with RPCA)

Yowie (sekretary for Pickle, Suki & Shadow and previously for
Shmoggleberry who went to RB last year)

Yowie, the Walk of Remembrance and the Calling of Names has traditionally
been Mietze's labor of love. I personally think that would be an
excellent idea, as does my human (I still support the idea in spite of
his liking it). I would say the primary kitty to check with would be
Mietze, or her human.

Cleopatra

I agree wif dis. I also support honoreng enny cats who haf left us
during tha year.

Lucy
Old October 15th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder (South)

HRH Cleopatra Silvercat wrote:

What would RPCC folks think of sharing the Jellicle Ball call with RPCA
(I'll also be checking with RPCA)

Yowie (sekretary for Pickle, Suki & Shadow and previously for
Shmoggleberry who went to RB last year)

Yowie, the Walk of Remembrance and the Calling of Names has traditionally
been Mietze's labor of love. I personally think that would be an
excellent idea, as does my human (I still support the idea in spite of
his liking it). I would say the primary kitty to check with would be
Mietze, or her human.

Cleopatra

Oh, no, da Ball is not *mine*, I just collekt da nayms.

Mietze

The Jellicle Ball belongs to rec.pets.cats.community. It was a
catspeak event from the very beginning...we even had to put "MEOW" in
the headers so we could be killfiled. Posters from other groups are
welcome to participate (and they may do so in "normal" English), but
my cats will never "meow" on r.p.c.a. Rec.pets.cats.community is the
only group where they are allowed, by charter.

Melissa
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 15th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_5_]

In article ,
says...
[...]

Allow me to expand on that... I personally think that this a VERY, VERY,
VERY bad idea. Apparently, there were a LOT of hurt feelings back in
RPC because of the flamewars over Meowchat. I wasn't around when the
actual split happened (but my cat, Onyx, and I was a part of RPC
*before* the split, and it was, at best, contentious a lot of the time,
BECAUSE of the Meowchat), but from what I've heard about it, there were
kitties who NEVER came "back" to RPCC after the split took place,
BECAUSE of all the flamewars and bad feelings.

It is ABSOLUTELY inevitable that somekitty WILL cross-post to RPCA in
Meowchat, and then the flamewars WILL start ALL OVER AGAIN, and won't
stop for some time, I believe. IT WILL HAPPEN JUST AS I DESCRIBED IT.
Of this, I am 110% POSITIVE.

ANY form of sharing the JB with any of the other RPC newsgroups WILL
cause MAJOR problems, regardless of how you do it. To minimize and/or
eliminate problems and flamewars is precisely WHY RPCC was created to
begin with.

--- Cory
Old October 15th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hi Yowie, it is ok if you don't do cat speak, some of our cats don't. You
are right, we all love our furbabies. For those who don't know Yowie, she
has some great cats and a little two legged Yowlet who loves them too.

Old October 16th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Oct 15, 6:24 pm, Cory wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

I am sure you are right about what was. In the recent past, both Maggy
May and WooToo, and others from RPCC, have bopped over to RPCA for
brief visits, speaking meowchat on those occasions. No one flamed them
and they were treated courteously. They DID make their "bisits" short
and respectful.

In any event, Yowie and others who live in both worlds, have had their
cats honored and the courtesy should be extended to any who bisit
usses in peeece.

--
WooToo, I tuk ober frum Uncl Bill

Old October 16th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Cory"
mriddik
HRH Cleopatra Silvercat :

[...]

Mosey's Meowmie Kyla he
This is my/Mosey's group, where we go on adventures and have lots of fun,
and frankly, most of the people on RPCA don't like me and I don't like being
a scapegoat, but here, Mosey can post without fear of being insulted, and
'he' is loved.
Meowchat is a lot of fun...it's like a second language.
We were thinking about Nanki-Poo, who many of you knew from RPCA, but Mosey
didn't want to do a tribute/say anything about him or have his name put on
the Walk, without consulting his slave, Joy, who is a very sweet woman.
When Nanki-Poo was so sick and had to go thru all sorts of horrible
treatments, Mosey and I sent him get well cards, his Meowmie really
appreciated them, and when he finally went to The Bridge, we sent her a
sympathy card, which she really also appreciated.
Writing something on paper in Catspeak was a challenge, but we did it
I agree, people on RPCA don't like Catspeak, and that's why RPCC was
created.
It's a place I can 'escape ' and have fun, and waff.
I/Mosey love it here and thank you for accepting us.
I don't know what to think of the idea, myself, to be quite honest.
What I do want is peace, love and fun.
Luvs, nosepoinks, hugs headbumps, purrs and prayers (if you want one)
Kyla and Mosey
House of Waterman

Old October 16th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Absolutely, my cats go there when needed and NO ONE has ever been
disrespectful to me when I forget and do chat.

Good Bast if we can't share our love for our departed furry friends then
what is the point of it all.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Oct 15, 6:24 pm, Cory wrote:
In article ,
says...

Old October 16th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

Hi Yowie
I have been thinking about this idea more fully, it's fine with me and
Mosey.
I was thinking of Matthew losing his kitty, and Joy losing Nanki-Poo and all
the others who's beloved cats or dogs have gone to The Bridge. Maybe, by
sharing, it will give them some 'closure', but for others, it might be too
soon. IDK.
And I just love you Yowie, you know that, I hope.
Hug
Mosey's Meowmie Kyla